Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Crown

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Am I being stupid or is it Firefox?
I don't see any pics for last 4 posts
Old 07-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

We wanted it to be simple and uncomplicated so there are no electronics at this point other than a electrical cord for the fan. the sink has a hand pump. We cook with a small camp stove. Shower is a pan under the counter. (Counter lifts off and shower liner hangs with magnetic hooks. Curtains still need to be hung but it is ready for inspection
Old 07-22-2015, 01:37 PM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Not sure why. Maybe it hadn't finished loading yet.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #45
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Nope, they are all broken links....
Old 07-22-2015, 02:17 PM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Sorry about that. It might be a firefox thing. I know they are all showing on my screen.
By the way, love the quote!!!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #47
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Sorry about that. It might be a firefox thing. I know they are all showing on my screen.
By the way, love the quote!!!
I'm using Chrome and got broken links. If you try a different browser, Laurel, you'll get broken links too, since they reside in your browser's cache. Something about the links don't want to show

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:13 PM   #48
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Nada for me too.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Here is the interior again. I tried a different way of uploading.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2903.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bus reno2.pdf (1.14 MB, 14 views)
Old 07-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Nice! Now that I can see it, it looks great! I just thought it was all painted white. You did talk about the snow around it so I figured...
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #51
Mini-Skoolie

No, it is called butter cream. It has a warm feel but is still light and airy.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #52
Mini-Skoolie

The state is holding us up. We got the bus inspected but now it went before a review board. After three weeks they came back and want us to add an electrical land line, fridge, and air conditioning. (Very frustrating because we wanted it to be off the grid as we are camping on land without electric.) We were hoping to get a solar system installed but that won't satisfy their requirements. So we are back at it and spending much more than we anticipated or will have need of.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #53
Bus Nut

well add just a small sub panel box that would be 30amp just run like 2-3 gang boxes right off the breaker panel that way you won't need wiring or conduit (100 bucks tops). get a craigslist dorm fridge. As for the AC well you could do a window unit or just get a portable air conditioner and sell it after you get your title. Think of it as a government magic pixie tax.
CaptainInsaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #54
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Sorry to hear about the dumb rules.

Don't let it get you down. We are all rooting for you.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:01 AM   #55
Bus Nut

Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
If you want to plan ahead for your solar, and can swing the purchase now, buy your inverter. If you are going with 30 amp service you can wire the inverter in line, meaning land cable into the inverter and inverter to you distribution panel, in the better inverters there is a built in switch that will switch to shore power when battey (solar storage) is not available. Good luck, sorry for the troubles.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #56
Mini-Skoolie

We are putting in the electrical and using a portable air conditioner and college fridge. However, they also want a detailed description of everything we have done on the bus with receipts. As we have been working at this for over a year, I am just a little frustrated. So I am going to comply to the best of my ability but most receipts we don't have. If we had known ahead of time, we would have kept everything. But....
Old 09-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #57
Mini-Skoolie

The encouraging thing is that with all the sweat equity and "Craigslist finds" even with the purchase of the bus, we are still under $4,500 for the whole project. Not bad for a big camper. Now if they would get their knickers out of a knot and release Him, we can start having fun with Buster this fall.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #58
Bus Nut

Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71
What state are you in, did you anger someone at DMV? The whole thing sounds terrible.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #59
Mini-Skoolie

I am in PA. The weird thing is that once you get it inspected. The inspection with pictures has to be sent in to some group for review in the Dept of Transportation. They don't have guidelines that we could find anywhere so we figured if it passed inspection, it would be fine. But no. We waited three weeks before we heard back from this "Board". I tried to find out when they met or who was on it but no info was given. They then sent a list of things that we had to comply with in order for it to be classified as an "RV" We were told we could pick three from the list. There were things like a TV, Microwave, operating propane system. Oven, Electric Heater, etc. We figured that the shore line and dorm fridge and AC was the least invasive for our plans of dry camping. Then pictures with receipts and the full report must be sent in again. They will then review it all over again and will let us know if anything further needs to be done. Our inspector said he has seen them come back with an entirely new list the second time around. We are hoping that isn't the case this time.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #60
Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: Cat 3208
Rated Cap: 84 px
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
I am in PA. The weird thing is that once you get it inspected. The inspection with pictures has to be sent in to some group for review in the Dept of Transportation. They don't have guidelines that we could find anywhere so we figured if it passed inspection, it would be fine. But no. We waited three weeks before we heard back from this "Board". I tried to find out when they met or who was on it but no info was given. They then sent a list of things that we had to comply with in order for it to be classified as an "RV" We were told we could pick three from the list. There were things like a TV, Microwave, operating propane system. Oven, Electric Heater, etc. We figured that the shore line and dorm fridge and AC was the least invasive for our plans of dry camping. Then pictures with receipts and the full report must be sent in again. They will then review it all over again and will let us know if anything further needs to be done. Our inspector said he has seen them come back with an entirely new list the second time around. We are hoping that isn't the case this time.
Wow, that sounds nearly like what you have to go through in Washington to get a L&I sticker for a food truck. Fortunately for me, a title change to MH around here is as easy as bringing $60 and telling them the conversion is done...