Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2018, 10:47 PM   #1

Buying my bus

So ive posted once before and loved the responses and how helpful the Skoolie community is. Reminds me a lot of us liveaboard sailors! So after weeks of searching, im turning to the forum for advice on where to buy a bus. I have to sell my sailboat in order to do so, so not an immediate need although the sooner the better. So we've decided that a short bus is too small and a full size is too large. A 3/4 is perfect but it seems they are somewhat hard to find. 7-9 windows (as windows seems to be the going measurements) and prefer not to have the allison 545. Also would like to have diesel. Ive found two that interest me so far. Both about 3500.00 and both with the allison. Can this be avoided? Is that a decent price? I know auctions can be great but im wary of buying sight unseen. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

andrewhaus1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:07 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
It's true, some of us have bought from the auctions sight unseen. It's not a safe way to buy because it's so easy to miss problems that would likely be obvious if you'd spent 5 minutes looking at the vehicle in person. Even with personal inspections most of us experience a certain amount of regret that hopefully doesn't last.

If you search for a Bluebird TAC1000 you'll find a nine window. There seems to be some of them on the market.

I have no idea what you've found for $3,500. Just offhand, I'm thinking that might be a fortunate price for the seller.

It's not really a good idea to share links to buses you want to buy openly here. However if you can share the information and whatever available photos there are it would definitely get you some valuation opinions. Probably more opinions than you want, but once you open that door....