Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

CAD 3D model or 2D with dimensions wanted

For Blue Bird or Thomas flat nose none twinky.

If someone has this i'd appreciate a copy.

I'm not sure what manufacture or model i will be buying but it will be a flat nose. I would prefer to figure out most of the layout details before i buy one.

PS i use Solidworks but can import a variety of formats.

davisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:17 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner HDX
Engine: CAT 3126B250
Rated Cap: 84
I was the same way when I started. I quickly discovered that it's just better to get the bus first and do your measurements then. There are tiny variations than influence design among the different models. For example: front or rear engine, ceiling height, stairwell and dashboard dimensions, window sill height, roof curvature, etc.

I am probably too detail oriented for my own good. I have measured my whole interior several times over, developing 16 different floor plans and think I am getting close now. I'm not sure if you have any architecture or interior design experience, so be sure to design in some flex space for any errors or variations.

I have a rear engine flat-face 14 window bus, a 2002 Thomas. I can give you just about an entire 3d model of the bare interior that's +/- 1/2" accurate overall, including the main frame members and rib positions. The roof curvature I never took the time to measure since anything involving the roof or ceiling will be handled as I build it.

I can send files in DWG, DXF, STL, and a few other formats if needed.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I completely understand doing as-built never works out as planned.
I worked as a draftsman for architects and engineering companies for quite a few years.
My reason for doing the design prior to purchasing the bus is because I like to work out out all the little details of why I would certain things in an area such as how the kitchen is layed out, sink locations, burners, cabinets..

I want all these details worked out prior to getting the bus and feeling the need to rush through and not have a well thought out plan. Of course after I got the bus I would measure everything make a 3D model and construction documents.

I would greatly appreciate some DWG/ DXF files.

Here's a link I came across that has dimensions/ guidelines.

I also sent an email to Bluebird requesting any cab files that would be available, I doubt I'll hear back from them.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
Here's the design model I am using that represents my 40' bluebird AA with an 18" roof lift. It's dimensionally close, but not exact. The format is Rhino3d.

If I was doing this professionally because I was building out a bunch of vehicles, I would have rented a lidar scanner to get exact references and built a model from there.

Since I'm building a one off hobby horse, it doesn't matter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisdesigns View Post
For Blue Bird or Thomas flat nose none twinky.

If someone has this i'd appreciate a copy.

I'm not sure what manufacture or model i will be buying but it will be a flat nose. I would prefer to figure out most of the layout details before i buy one.

PS i use Solidworks but can import a variety of formats.
aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:05 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks but i couldn't import it, apparently Solidworks 2014 only supports Rhino version 4.
Could you save it as a Parasolid, IGES or some other 3D format
Old 08-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #6

Rhino model - TC2000

Does anyone still have 3d model files? I'll take any format you have.

I have a Bluebird 2002 TC2000 and am raising the roof. Hoping a 3D model will help with the roof-transition work.
rk206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 3116 catapillar
Rated Cap: 71 now 2 humans 1 cat
use masking tape , sidewalk chalk or string with nails in your yard as when we did a full size floor plan we made some changes that we did not see in the plans
mmoore6856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:04 PM   #8
Bus Nut

There are a few models (tc2000 and all-america) available for sketchup, worth checking out, not sure how accurate the dimensions are.
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote