Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4l
Rated Cap: 8 window w/ lift
Commander - 8 window skoolie project

Hey all, just started demo on our bus. We are in Chandler, AZ and always up for connecting with other skooliers. We have some "medium" projects plan, hoping to use it while we finish, if you have any advice or ideas for the following, please let us know, thanks in advance. @buscommander

parking in town, parking up north, painting, roof deck, small rear deck, under bus boxes

*If you need a place to get an easy Motor Home MHA designation in Phoenix, AZ message me, found a guy who just hands it to you, no real inspection.

1. Bought, registered, passed emissions, mechanic inspection, (looking for insurance)
2. Teardown and demo
3. Security and Locks
4. Flooring and furniture securing
5. Construction
Attached Thumbnails
sko.jpg   B4.JPG   DSC01441.jpg   PXL_20211120_160604065.jpg   PXL_20211127_002720760.jpg  

blubull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

1.Bought, registered, passed emissions, mechanic inspection, (looking for insurance)

-Bought the bus from https://www.sierraauction.com/ also check Publicsurplus.com if looking.
-Got a 90 temp tag before pickup at AZDOT office, then went here to inspect and register, didn't have to do anything to the bus, just asked me for mileage, sat in the driver seat, and asked for my credit card! https://prompttitles.net/ call ahead, go to E Thomas Rd location.
-Emissions AZDOT 20 N Beck Ave, Chandler, AZ 85226 needs yearly
-Mechanic: AAA Bus Sales in Phoenix, Tony is the best, https://www.aaabussales.com/
-Insurance... shopping
Old 12-08-2021, 12:11 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
That's the size bus most people look for. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.
I have one of those big side doors too. The issue (in my head) I'm having is I want to keep the opening accessible for big stuff but also want the bedroom back there. Some sort of "Murphy" set up I suppose.
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the comment, we are planning a queen along the back with enough room to use it as emergency exit or open for air or the view. The very back door will allow me access to underbed storage (like a garage) and a few drawers around the interior. My big thing is getting rid of this damn lift, no one seems to want them and they weigh about 300lbs.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Those lifts can be difficult to get rid of. You might try churches or the VA or someone.
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
occasionally someone wants it but often they are problematic or dont meet current standards so no one wants one.. adding one to a non-lift bus is a huge endeavor and replacement parts are very make / model specific when it comes to the lift so unless a district has a bunch of the same model they typically dont want them as a spare.. scrapping is an easy way to unload it.. its metal.. if I stuck that thing out by my curb it would be comical to watch the scrapper guys come and try to lift it on top of their old beat up minivan
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

We ditched the lift, literally it fell out of the bus while we were unbolting it. Put it up for free it was gone quick. Anyway, demo done, wiring almost done. Got everything cut away, only issue is I cut my door wires (air door) and can't trace them back to where they tied in. Need to find a wiring diagram schematic.

Tags
arizona, chandler, mha, phoenix, storage