Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Cousin of Millicent?

I was running an errand tonight. As I rounded a corner, I saw a huge white "fivehead" looming over the oncoming traffic in front of it, headed toward the Adirondack Mountains. It was a Bluebird as tall as Millicent, but with the 8-way lights still up there. As I was rolling the opposite direction in traffic, I only got a quick look. I didn't have time to pull out the camera phone and try for a picture.

- It was two-toned, grey from the rub rails down, while the window skins and roof were white.
- There was one or maybe two windows behind the driver, and maybe one in back, but most of the side was skinned over.
- It had a fairly clean roof, no air conditioners or TV dome, except there was a flat roof platform with nothing on it in front.
- The platform started behind the driver's seat, and went back what would be about 4-5 windows. The platform was mounted on two supports coming up from the gutter area. The supports looked like old-fashioned roof racks.
- There may have been something else low or flat (another platform?) on the roof near the very rear.
- It had no back window, in the rear-view mirror it looked like it had louvers cut into the center of the upper back panel (a pusher?).
- It had a compact sedan as a toad, about the size of a Chevy Cavalier, towed 4 wheels down.

It was a beautiful conversion, and I don't see it in the Skoolie galleries. Does anyone know this bus?

Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote