Reposting to try to fix the image issue....
It's been a few weeks but I'm happy with my progress so far.
- All ceiling panels and insulation remove
- Almost all side panels removed
- Both the front and rear inside panels removed
- Cleaned all the spray paint off the outside
- Removed the stop sign and swing arm
The main thing I learned: removing rivets sucks. I tried several different methods but the one that ended up working the best for me was taking a hammer and punch and knocking out the pins then for the bigger rivets (all the ceiling ones and the ones attaching the walls to the vertical ribs), a 3 lb hammer and a chisel that had one side of the tip ground flat. That allowed the chisel to get under the rivet head pretty quickly and pop it up and off. For all the smaller rivets like the ones directly under the windows, a similar ground down chisel attached to a Ryobi hammer drill made much quicker work than the chisel and hammer route. It seemed that with the hammer and chisel, the metal around the rivet head tended to move or deform much more easily but the hammer drill just cut through those rivets with no problem and none of the deformation on the underlying metal.
The Ryobi P222 SDS Rotary Hammer Drill with the filed chisel bit.