Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-01-2024, 09:35 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Front door question

My bus doesn't have the stuff to open the doors without a lot of effort. I want to keep the doors but I need to find out how to eliminate the spring system and allow them to swing freely.
Any suggestions or ideas are definitely welcome
TIA

Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:01 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 2,434
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
It would help if we knew what kind of door mechanism it has with pictures. They are different from different companies. Even the same model has different ones depending on what the school corporation that ordered it wanted. Manual, electric or air.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:03 AM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,986
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest093 View Post
My bus doesn't have the stuff to open the doors without a lot of effort. I want to keep the doors but I need to find out how to eliminate the spring system and allow them to swing freely.
Any suggestions or ideas are definitely welcome
TIA
Did you have your coffee this morning? Not enough sugar ???

How in the world is anyone gonna know what kind of bus your talking about?

That is why we ask that you fill out your profile so that others can see what your talking about?

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:11 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
Did you have your coffee this morning? Not enough sugar ???

How in the world is anyone gonna know what kind of bus your talking about?

That is why we ask that you fill out your profile so that others can see what your talking about?

I have only posted twice in our forums and both times has the year make and model of my bus. So if it's not in one of my threads why don't you go look and see that I have put it in every other thread
Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:13 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
It would help if we knew what kind of door mechanism it has with pictures. They are different from different companies. Even the same model has different ones depending on what the school corporation that ordered it wanted. Manual, electric or air.
I didn't realize. As soon as I get back to the house I'll take pictures of the mechanism
Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,986
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest093 View Post
I have only posted twice in our forums and both times has the year make and model of my bus. So if it's not in one of my threads why don't you go look and see that I have put it in every other thread
So readers are supposed to go back to all your posts, search historical threads and then help you out?

Oh, and thank you for filling out your profile, it really does help!

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:09 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
So readers are supposed to go back to all your posts, search historical threads and then help you out?

Oh, and thank you for filling out your profile, it really does help!

No. Just rude people like yourself.
Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:11 AM   #8
Bus Crazy
 
ewo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Tx.
Posts: 1,986
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest093 View Post
No. Just rude people like yourself.
LMAO...you haven't seen me rude yet....


Good Luck!

ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:13 AM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
LMAO...you haven't seen me rude yet....


Good Luck!

Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 11:15 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 29
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P60
Engine: 8.2L diesel
Rated Cap: Twenty-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
It would help if we knew what kind of door mechanism it has with pictures. They are different from different companies. Even the same model has different ones depending on what the school corporation that ordered it wanted. Manual, electric or air.
The door turned out to be an piston with a return spring. I pulled the spring and it seems to have fixed my problem. I'm terminal and disabled. Pushing them with the tension spring was just too much 😪
Priest093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.