Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #81

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 82
Re: Gator Tailgating Bus Build

Kamoo,

Maybe I ought to get my own thread going so I'm not filling up yours with my pics. HA!!

I love this site!!! Wish I would have found you guys years ago. In looking thru all the pics, this makes me want to gut and redo the inside of mine this offseason!

swamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #82
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

Keep on postin, it doesnt bother me. Keeps the Gators at the top of the list. Ive been to Sebring a couple of times but havent been in the last 2 years. Its a wild time, my neighbor brings her travel trailer there every year, forget what turn we were on the last time though. Her and her boyfriend are corner workers at alot of the club races, mainly motorcycles.
I like your ladder, I believe it solves my dilema of how to access the roof rack when I finally get around to building one. I hated the idea of the access being outside for the same reasons you have. I get alot of people climbing on the porch and coming inside which is no problem (other than the one group that pointed out everything they would steal while I was outside) and can only imagine what would happen if some random drunk person helped themselves onto the roof and fell off of the platform or ladder.
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #83
Bus Nut

I finally got around to picking up the Orion transit bus. 4 hour ride home and WOW what a difference in ride, like a Cadillac vs a Pinto compared to the school bus but I have and soooooooo much more to go wrong. The coach AC compressor started smoking on the way back home and it is 2 cyl and the size of a 25HP lawn mower engine!. Not too long after that DOT popped us but no big deal, made my friend stand on the side of the road since he has no passenger endorsement but let me come back and continue on since I do. Its a nice bus, runs great, but has a ton of water leaks. Its been raining everyday since we got it and I believe every window leaks as well as both roof hatches. Alot of work ahead but at least no mechanical problems. I believe if I were going to make an RV I would go for at least a transit, they move on down the road (67mph) and a really nice ride.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoo
I finally got around to picking up the Orion transit bus. 4 hour ride home and WOW what a difference in ride, like a Cadillac vs a Pinto compared to the school bus but I have and soooooooo much more to go wrong. The coach AC compressor started smoking on the way back home and it is 2 cyl and the size of a 25HP lawn mower engine!. Not too long after that DOT popped us but no big deal, made my friend stand on the side of the road since he has no passenger endorsement but let me come back and continue on since I do. Its a nice bus, runs great, but has a ton of water leaks. Its been raining everyday since we got it and I believe every window leaks as well as both roof hatches. Alot of work ahead but at least no mechanical problems. I believe if I were going to make an RV I would go for at least a transit, they move on down the road (67mph) and a really nice ride.
I gotta agree with you on the transit for ride & power...nothing like air ride & the comort of the transit... Plus so easy to manuever! Sux about the water leaks, we got lucky as ours is water tight.
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #85
Bus Nut

The company I work for is being sold so this is the last xmas together. I will be done as of 12/31 with an undetermined future as well as many others, Its unfortunate but I am happy to have been a part of some of the best people I have ever worked with and wish everyone the best. These are the people you call when you are on the side of the road at 2am and they come to help you. A very nice picture of some great people that have been together a long time.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #86
Bus Crazy

Good Luck! Let's hope this turns into an opportunity.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #87
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Bluebird
Rated Cap: 16

This thread motivated me for my bus, I can't let it die. Too good for references!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #88

Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUskoolietailgater
This thread motivated me for my bus, I can't let it die. Too good for references!

Keep up the good work. Just looked at your thread and FB page. Looks awesome. Good call on the insulation. Even though we don't have to worry about it as much in Florida, it would have been nice at the cold december games in Atlanta. It should also help a lot with road noise.

Get R Done and show off some pictures!
swamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote