Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #1

Unhappy Help in Colorado for Partial Conversion!!!!

Hey there, So I have a 2001 International Amtram that is partially converted, and I just got taken for $5k that was supposed to be for the installation of the solar, electrical, framing, etc. I have all the major items, but now I have no one to work on the bus, it's filled to the brim with supplies, Half of the RV windows are installed, and I am just at a lost of what to do next. Any help would be appreciated. I have a list of items that are newly purchased, the bus is gutted, foam insulated, plywood on floor, wood stove is installed. 6 new RV windows are partially installed.

I paid this guy that has a huge garage $5k to start the install and another $3k upon completion. He had my bus since March and only partially installed 6 windows. Oh, and my taillights that were working when I dropped it off are now not working, so can't drive it anywhere. It's located in Colorado Springs, I'm willing to drive it to someone with space, tools, and the know-how to finish it. I have designs and money for the rest of the materials, just looking for someone with skills to finish it.

This is supposed to be my primary residence. I lost both my jobs after Covid, saved up money, have been staying with family all year, and am supposed to head back to Cali in July to do a clinical case series for phantom limb pain on disabled vets - I am a Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine -so I have no idea how to install any of this myself, but I researched the **** out of it to design my plans. Anyone interested in helping me out, please contact me ASAP. My email is DanielleCBurke@gmail.com. I can send pics, I am not very good at uploading pics on here. Love & Light.

DanielleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:42 AM   #2

Year: 2004
Chassis: Gillig Low Floor Bus
Engine: Cummins 8.3 ISC
You might give a call to Charles kern at chromeyellowcorp.com to see if he can help you. He seems like a good guy to talk to. He is in denver or commerce city area.

Marty
dogeron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogeron52 View Post
You might give a call to Charles kern at chromeyellowcorp.com to see if he can help you. He seems like a good guy to talk to. He is in denver or commerce city area.

Marty
No disrespect to Charles Kern, but when we dealt with chromeyellow they were so overbooked and understaffed that I'd hate to refer someone to them. I've got my opinions of what they need to do to get their **** together enough to run their business....but its just my opinion and it ain't my business, its theirs. Bottom line, I wouldn't count on chromeyellow to pull OP out of this jam she's in.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:33 AM   #4

Thanks for the referral, Marty. I did speak with Charles and they are pretty booked out at the moment. Actually found a company in Texas that said they could do it in 3 weeks, just waiting on a quote. I appreciate it!!!!
- Danielle
DanielleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:10 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleB View Post
Thanks for the referral, Marty. I did speak with Charles and they are pretty booked out at the moment. Actually found a company in Texas that said they could do it in 3 weeks, just waiting on a quote. I appreciate it!!!!
- Danielle
Hi Danielle - I see that a lot of time has passed, but what is the name of the company in Texas that you used? How did it go?

Thanks!
jsweet89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorado, installation, partial conversion