Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #1

Help on building Max the cuddle shuttle

Hello!
I got this bus from Alaska and drove it home to California!!! Super pumped to turn this 4x4 into a winter camper

I just finished the tear out on my bus and I just wanted to hear any ideas or advice for my next move.
I ended up pulling the siding and windows and wheelchair door out to redo the siding and deal with the rust damage on the metal framing. I sandblasted most of the frame and uprights and used por -15 on the frame and rattlecans for the struts. At this point I think it's time to get the siding done so I can back and put some framing in for the spray foam.
I posted some pictures on my attempt for using filon over plywood on the back. I ended up mounting cdx plywood to the back and then using contact cement to stick the Filon(in one piece) on the back. It came out ok! But the sides ( if I do them in one piece) will be nearly impossible or absolutely impossible to hang a 20 foot sheet of filon on with 2 people haha.

Any ideas? I was considering using 1/4 inch plywood and 1 piece of filon 20ft by 8ft and building the sidewall on the ground in one piece. Let it cure and then hang it on the side. Using screws at the top and bottom and ends where trim will cover them. Maybe use screws the right size from the inside and liquid nails on the struts to Hold the plywood. Or maybe too ambitious? I could do it in strips or use different siding? It has been such a fun project and I am pumped to get to the interior work

-thank you
Attached Thumbnails
CEEDFC86-B7C8-44A5-A3C8-DE36B37ECEF6.jpg   5968CF9D-6E9D-4275-AD6A-8F0A708E086A.jpg   8B779E8E-766C-4E9B-BEB2-98952A92AB3F.jpg   2C5FBD51-348E-43D6-96E9-0E0797CE8672.jpg  

Dmcdonough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, shuttle bus, siding