Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2024, 04:01 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Question Help Wanted: Finish my Partial Build

Hello Skoolie community!

After 4 years of conversion, balancing constant research and labor with my full-time job, of blood, sweat, and tears, I am finally ready to outsource my build.

My research turned up a couple of companies - Chrome Yellow Corp, Skoolie.com, Colorado Custom Coachworks - that either are defunct or have bad reviews. Waiting on a reply from Oquirrh Mountain Bus Conversions, which looks like a good bet, but they are out of state.

I am looking for a skoolie conversion company, a willing van or tiny home company, or even a group/individual who has experience with this type of work.

If you know of one, or have suggestions in finding one, please do let me know!

------

For reference, following is complete: Subfloors, framing, insulation, solar, electrical, plumbing (supply-side), couch, bedframe.
Looking for help with: shower/bathroom, plumbing pressure testing, kitchen, grey tanks, propane, ceiling

jsweet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:27 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: '05
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: RE300
Engine: DT466 HT
Rated Cap: 69
Charlie (Chuck) and the guys at Chrome Yellow Corp do fantastic work. I would find it very hard to believe there are bad reviews for their craftsmanship and care. I do believe he has closed shop however.

Colorado Custom Coachworks used to churn out really good results on conversions as well, but I haven't seen much, also haven't been paying attention, to anything they've done in the last few years.

Don't know much about Skoolie.com besides the cost for their window deletes, per individual delete, is more than the cost of an entire sheet of 4x10 galvanized steel that a person could cut and bend 4 units from.

I'm assuming by the first three you're most interested in being in the Denver area or in Colorado. However, you might look into Dark Wolf Artisans in Wichita, KS. I'm good buddies with several of the guys there. They are not only fantastic individuals, but the knowledge and craftsmanship they have collectively is quite impressive. Wess's bus is an absolute work of art.

links in post may earn commissions.
nocoasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contractor, conversion company, conversion help, help with building, outsourcing