Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2009, 02:50 AM   #1

Idea of my next conversion

i was bored the other night so i figured i would put to paper what i was thinking for my conversion. its not set in stone as i dont have a bus yet but what do you guys think anyone see any flaws with my idea. my idea is to make the loft as high as i can for a sleeping area. and make nice sized bathroom which will roughly be 5' x 7'6"ft. between the table and couch is a book shelf. the tv would actually be inclosed in a cabnet with storage above and below. across from the stove and sink is the fridge (big X) and pantry next to it. the black box in the back loft would actually be part of the corner shower. i realized while doing my layout that if i didnt raise part of the bathroom ceiling the shower would be pretty short. next to that area would be a closet. in the bathroom i will leave room for a stackable washer and dryer to be installed in the future. across from the couch will be a desk for my computer and office stuff.

click to inlarge

the bus my dad and i built was so full of stuff that if one person was standing up and you wanted to get my them they would have to sit down or get really skinny. i want a open floor plan. most likely to start off with either the front loft or rear wont be there. im building this bus for me. just me. so there should be plenty of room. if i do meet someone and they want to move in with me there should be enough room for them too.

i do realize that there will be alot of weight in the rear so once i get the fist floor built if there seems to be too much weight in the rear i can always leave out the rear loft and build the front one. it would actually be nice to have the extra head room over the kitchen area.

*edit* after posting this i went back and changed the loft area. i think i like this better

bikevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #2

Re: Idea of my next conversion

Smitty, it doesent look like there is much storage from the drawings but i assure you there will be plenty. there will be cupboards above the sink, the pantry will go floor to ceiling as well as the tv stand, book shelf, and desk. there may even end up being a shelf above the couch and or table. i didnt add those things to the drawings. im planning on living in the bus. ill be going from full time in my motorhome right now to the bus as soon as i can find one and get to work.
bikevision is offline   Reply With Quote