Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #1

It begins

2001 Thomas/Frieghtliner 3126B Cat, Allison automatic, air ride, 59 passenger. Mobile DJ/Hypnotist also want to take toys to events on stage/flatbed that will appear at the rear of this unit. Value?

Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Hello,

Can you elaborate on the value question please? Is this a bus you are considering purchasing, or one you are considering selling?

Also does it have a stage platform or is this something you plan to make?

Thanks!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Hello,

Can you elaborate on the value question please? Is this a bus you are considering purchasing, or one you are considering selling?

Also does it have a stage platform or is this something you plan to make?

Thanks!
Wack a piece out of the middle move the rear door assembly forward to create a small stage for the DJ thing, hypno thing prob needs to be away from fall danger with more room for participants need 12-20 for a great show. Looking at buying this bus in a day or two just wondering how many dollars I should give up. Thanks for the exchange of information.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Or... you could do what a few people here have done and have a few extra feet of frame welded onto the back and attach your "stage" to that.... that way you wouldn't have to cut your bus body (and potentially introduce lots of new water leakage points).

How much you should pay is gonna depend on model year, engine and tranny package, and mileage/condition. What is the seller asking for this one?

Most people here I believe paid anywhere from 2k-4k for their project buses.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #5

2001 Thomas/Frieghtliner 3126B Cat, Allison automatic, air ride, 144,000 miles, decent shape no rust that I can see. Asking is within that range.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I'd say take it for a test drive if you can, if it seems to be mechanically sound (runs good, drives good, shifts smoothly with no major fluid or air leaks) then it would be worth the median 3k. If it has underbelly storage bays that would be worth a little more to me but maybe you're not looking for those... everyone has a different idea of what their perfect bus will have.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:43 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Agreed, many here often get bus in the $1ooo to $3ooo range, depending on tires, motor, transmission condition.

As a rule i always try to pay a price that feels fair.

Also he needs a stage for 15 to 20 people so it will need to be located between the front and rear, a addition that large wouldnt work.
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote