Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Thanks everyone for the input... I know I haven't added anything to the thread in a few days. Gonna try and find a service center that works on them close by so I can get her hooked up to the computer and see if there's anything that needs enabling/disabling/etc.

Received another shipment of parts today.... this is most of what I need for the plumbing system. I did get the wrong size on a couple of the fittings though, and I somehow missed that the supply fittings on the manifold were not included with it so having to order new ones in the proper sizes to get everything connected. When I get that order all I will need is the water tanks and faucets/sink/shower and some PVC pipe for drains and I'll have the complete plumbing system.

Gonna have a busy few days once Jasmine arrives (supposed to get her Friday).

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #42
Bus Nut

Apparently, Jasmine has been dieting the last couple of weeks while she's been sitting over at the storage yard.... full of fuel, all seats still in, STILL comes in under 20k!

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
where can an individual like us go to weigh a skoolie? after i got the DEV registered as an RV and licensed i tried to just pull into a weigh station along the highway thinking id get to cross the scales and see my weight.. but as i approached they were vigilant about waving me off to the side and to the parking area or exit area of the station...

-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Take it to any truck stop with a CAT scale. They don't stand on ceremony, they'll weigh anyone who'll pony up the 11 bucks. And their scales are certified monthly so you know your weight is accurate.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:49 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
where can an individual like us go to weigh a skoolie? after i got the DEV registered as an RV and licensed i tried to just pull into a weigh station along the highway thinking id get to cross the scales and see my weight.. but as i approached they were vigilant about waving me off to the side and to the parking area or exit area of the station...

-Christopher
There's a Cat scale that will weigh your bus over here in Apopka/Zellwood. Come out sometime, its around 8 or 10 bucks.
The Ward is 17.9k without seats or interior paneling. Half tank of fuel.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #46
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
It's beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I just got myself a.2002 international. I don't have it in my possession yet... some time next week
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Can i ask what company you're ordering from?
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #48
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Engine: T444E
Alleycat, how old are you? I finally ran a reverse image search on that picture of the girl you posted only to find she's a 19yo Disney star ... ;)
Old 10-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Me? I'm 49 but I have a 14yo daughter who watches a LOT of Disney shows.....
Old 10-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Engine: T444E
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Me? I'm 49 but I have a 14yo daughter who watches a LOT of Disney shows.....
Makes so much more sense. Looking forward to seeing you get all that stuff into your build.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #51
Bus Nut

I did a video walkaround of Jasmine today.... went over to take a couple pictures of the rear engine setup from the inside to post in another thread and figured while I was there I would do a quick video. I didn't say anything, just wanted to let the video speak for itself.

Was gonna go into my editing software and trim it down a little but alas it decided to take a good healthy dump on me so what you see is coming straight off my phone.

You'll notice the dealer didn't disable the flashers, they still work.... so I could go play school bus if I wanted to, if I thought I could get away with it. Since all the lights do work, I figure I can use them for something else like high mounted turn signals on front and back, brake lights on the back.... not sure about the reds on the front though, they may just be removed or painted over.

All that being said.....

Old 11-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #52
Bus Nut

I finally sat down and worked up a very preliminary floor plan.... probably will change depending on placement of emergency exits as I plan to keep them all accessible (see my bus fire training exercise video link I posted elsewhere).

Old 11-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #53
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
May I suggest pocket doors instead of swing?
No floor space sacrificed.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #54
Bus Nut

Good point. I used swing in the layout because that's the template I had available. That's also similar to what I intend to use to close off the toilet area and shower when not in use, so may as well use them for the other doors as well.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #55
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Love my pocket doors!
But, keep in mind it'll take two 16" doors to make a 32" opening... Otherwise, a full 32" sliding door will not open due to the roof curves left & right.

Unless 32" door is set left or right of center line
Old 11-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #56
Bus Nut

I'll have to see how the floor plan works out... since the front door is basically centered and the back one is to the curb side by a few inches (due to depth of W/D installation) a 30 inch door may fit without any modification except in height. But in front I expect you're right, I'll either have to do twin doors or stay with the swing door there.... since it's opening out into the mud room it wouldn't cost me any living floor space.... and it will be closed while driving, and closed and LOCKED while parked, if I am away from the bus. That front wall will be insulated, which 1) will prevent the massive heat transfer through the large windshield, and 2) will result in less area that I have to heat/cool.

I may also put up a third insulated wall with pocket (or other) door in the extreme back of the A/V room which can be opened to access utilities installed in that area and also access the back window emergency exit should it be needed, provided I don't already have (or cannot relocate) other emergency exits into that room. I'm thinking the two side window exits will already be there but not for certain on that.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #57
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Quote:
I finally sat down and worked up a very preliminary floor plan.... probably will change depending on placement of emergency exits as I plan to keep them all accessible (see my bus fire training exercise video link I posted elsewhere).

what did you use to draw that up.
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:10 AM   #58
Bus Nut

Microsoft Visio..... 2003 edition so old, but still works well.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #59
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
Love my pocket doors!
But, keep in mind it'll take two 16" doors to make a 32" opening... Otherwise, a full 32" sliding door will not open due to the roof curves left & right.

Unless 32" door is set left or right of center line
Or make the door and opening with the same curvature of the roof.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #60
Bus Nut

Quote:
Microsoft Visio..... 2003 edition so old, but still works well.
LOL, I worked 10 years for a contractor on NAS Pensacola 2002 to 2012.
And that is the only cad program I (we) used.
I started there after using Autocad for 10 years.
I thought VISIO was the dumbest cad program out there but after a month it started to grow on me.
You are the first person to ever mention using it.