Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: Just bought a bus!!!!!

Congratulations on your purchase, looks like a very nice bus. And welcome to the best Skoolie site on the WWW.

To your question it would help if you could post what engine you got in this baby, is it Diesel, does it have a Turbo, or gas etc....
I'm not the best when it comes to diagnosing engine problems but I'm sure some will come along and can give you input. Me thinks if you have a turbo, that the turbo is hooped. But we'll let the mechanics figure that out.

Enjoy your conversion process.

swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins

Nice bus man... I like the boxes also!
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

When going over 60 down a long grade, I'll get smoke when I mash the accelerator. I'm guessing it's a governor thing (engine, not politician).
Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International Cornbinder
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84

Is the smoke actually white or is it grey/blue? If its grey/blue then your burning oil and if its white then you either have water in the fuel or you could have a blown head gasket. Check your coolant.
gotmuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #5

Hey! Congrats on your purchase! Your the first person I've come across on the web with the same plans as me. I too, am going to do a skoolie conversion to serve as a tour bus for my band. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and I'll be sure to share mine. We're gonna try to follow the tour bus coach model as much as we can, although the lower ceiling height will make that a bit more challenging. But that's the kind of basic layout we're going for. Best of luck with the conversion. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Cheers....
SonicImpulse is offline   Reply With Quote