Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2008
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 0908S
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 28' 9 window
Karma - AKA tire discounts

I work for Goodyear and they just started offering employees tire discounts on commercial tires and I have a few 20% discount codes I can hand out. There are restrictions that you have to order through Goodyear.com and they have to be installed by Goodyear authorized dealers. The 20% off includes the tire only. Not the install fees.

So this may not be the best deal on tires for your bus. I realize there are many tire options out there and buying Goodyear tires even with the discount could still be more that you can get locally.

For example i priced 6 tires for my 2008 Thomas and the total was right around $2500 installed. I myself cannot afford 2500 right now so the existing tires will stay on my bus.

But I'll share the codes I have. PM me if interested and give your email address.

I hope this post is not against policy. I'm not a salesman for Goodyear. I just work in IT

dwood443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood443 View Post
I work for Goodyear and they just started offering employees tire discounts on commercial tires and I have a few 20% discount codes I can hand out. There are restrictions that you have to order through Goodyear.com and they have to be installed by Goodyear authorized dealers. The 20% off includes the tire only. Not the install fees.

So this may not be the best deal on tires for your bus. I realize there are many tire options out there and buying Goodyear tires even with the discount could still be more that you can get locally.

For example i priced 6 tires for my 2008 Thomas and the total was right around $2500 installed. I myself cannot afford 2500 right now so the existing tires will stay on my bus.

But I'll share the codes I have. PM me if interested and give your email address.

I hope this post is not against policy. I'm not a salesman for Goodyear. I just work in IT
Thats a nice offer, thanks. My steers are ready to age out
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I'll bet a better deal can be had searching for a discount elsewhere. Usually 20% off from a retailer and having the retailer change them at their high rate, may not be a bargain at all.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'll bet a better deal can be had searching for a discount elsewhere. Usually 20% off from a retailer and having the retailer change them at their high rate, may not be a bargain at all.
Kinda why I put this in the post
Old 03-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
Skoolie

Since I mentioned it I can also get passenger tire discounts. Those are usually 25%. Same restrictions apply