Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #1

Looking for a specific bus in Moab

Hi all --

My apologies if I am posting this to the wrong place.

While on a vacation last month, I spotted a neat school bus conversion in Moab, Utah. It was in a parking lot of a grocery store at the night of the 24th of August.

The bus was painted with sky blue and yellow rays coming from a sun over the front door. It had a VW bus on top near the front. The front door was wooden with leaded glass. Behind the VW bus on top was a deck (?) surrounded by a picket fence. Behind the bus was a "back porch" with equipment (a generator?) and the picket fence extended over the back porch. There was a slight crease in the right side top just below the VW bus. There was a white bird painted above the door -- not sure if it was a blue bird bus symbol painted white or a dove. I recall that it faced the rear.

All in all, it was a show quality conversion. My entire family -- my wife, myself and my grandson -- were impressed and tried to take a picture of it to no avail because it was dark.

If this was your bus, could you send me a picture of your bus from the right side? My wife is making a quilt of our summer trip and would like to make a block that contains your bus. She'll send a picture of the block.

If you know this bus or if it is included in the gallery here, would you email me a line?

Thanks for your help, and again, my apologies to all if this is not appropriate for this forum.

ptlycldy99 (when I registered, I made a typo and can't figure how to correct it.)

ptlycldy99@yahoo.com

ptlyclyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Ob1
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Grumman
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: Chevy 292 I-6
Re: Looking for a specific bus in Moab

You might have a look in the Gallery.
Ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Looking for a specific bus in Moab

Except for the top portion, it almost sounds like "A bus with no name yet". Don't know where it is in the 11+ pages of our gallery, but it IS a professional "show quality" bus!
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote