So it has been a while since I posted here in my build thread. So this is going to be a bit long Sorry.
Here is what has been done since the last post.
We have removed 5 windows and resealed them to make sure there are no leaks around them (8 more to go). I sealed between the bus and the rear light cover, this stopped the leaks around the upper flasher lights until I decide if I will convert to LED blinker and break light.
The big project was replacing the floor support behind the wheel well. It was pretty much gone since we live in the rust belt. I used 2 1/5 square tube for the replacement.
When bolting the new support to the supports on the side skirts I found that standard were not the best choice as one snapped when I was tightening the other side so I upgraded to grade 5 bolts.
While I was underneath the bus I hit it with a wire brush to remove the loose rust and old under coating. I then sprayed it with some rustoleum rust converter and some new undercoating. I still has some more to do. It seems most of the heavy rust is behind the rear wheels, I am guessing that is from the salt spray from winter driving.
I cut out some of the rust in front of the wheel well inside and out and welded in some new metal. I plan on throwing some bondo over the outside this week before if gets much colder.
I also finally welded in the larger floor panels that had rusted through.
I started to remove the stairs to repair the bottom stair but could not figure out how to get the front part to come off. (I have a thread opened looking for ideas on what I am missing http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f10/st...lp-28992.html#