Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2020, 12:35 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Back when I was searching between buying a house or a full sized school bus to convert/live in, I had planned on "sneaking aboard" the bus at the storage lot on base for $70 a month, and then just showering/shaving at work (I'm active duty military). I figured if I lived on the bus, I would be able to convert it so much faster, and then be able to move it off the lot and into the RV park I had my eyes on.

Well, I ended up buying a house instead, but I made sure it had a driveway big enough for a full sized bus. A year later, I bought Argo and began the conversion. That was two years ago, and I literally just got the indoor plumbing/sink finished yesterday. I am very glad I did not opt to live in the bus while converting it, as it took significantly longer than I expected. But then again, I have a steady paycheck and a job that frequently takes me away for months at a time, so I'm sure others would be able to do it much faster. I think the Expedition Happiness couple took six months to convert their bus, working full time on it with a hired carpenter.

If I was younger with less responsibilities, I'm sure it would work, but for me, I'm glad I bought a house and went with the "financially responsible" route (something that is very unusual for me).

TheArgobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: International 3800
Rated Cap: 72 passenger
Update

Hi everyone, better news! Was offered a spot with hydro and a living accomodations for a next to nothing for four months if the bus fit getting into the spot! Thankfully after removing fence panels and a mirror on the bus she FIT!! I'm so excited. I had some helping moving the bus, put the plates from my car on it and had people in front and behind, bus had sat for over a year and when I put the batteries in she fired right up and it was awesome driving her awesome 👌 😎 here's some pictures from the transportation of my project, was so great to see it in traffic behaving nice with the other vehicles! Gives me great hope and drive to work on it. With extra GST this month hopefully I have a good time, good to see people close to me and others that have tried this before. Jealous of that farm
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2528.jpg   IMG_2535.jpg   IMG_2536.jpg   IMG_2537.jpg   IMG_2539.jpg  

90sKidFatherNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:05 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sKidFatherNow View Post
Well I'm tired of looking at my bus build and not getting it where i want it to be. So I've decided to move out of my rental house into the bus in is current stage of empty and bare with just the subfloor and insulation underneath it. This is a drastic step but I want big results this will free up the majority of my finances and get this project of freeing my life from debt and stress to start with just a jolt of major stress.. wish me luck.
You can buy counters with sink holes pre made a Home Depot or Lowe’s you can buy a complete kitchen or bathroom basically pre made all that is needed is figure out what will fit and installation it will stream line the interior decor rapidly
dozr62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozr62 View Post
You can buy counters with sink holes pre made a Home Depot or Lowe’s you can buy a complete kitchen or bathroom basically pre made all that is needed is figure out what will fit and installation it will stream line the interior decor rapidly
Yep. That's what the "skoolie conversion" companies do.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote