Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2020, 07:16 PM   #541
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Looking good, man. I like the look of the floor and the walls...it's enough wood without being too much, if that makes sense. Feels good to be just about ready to live in it I bet!

Old 02-03-2020, 08:58 PM   #542
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
Looking good, man. I like the look of the floor and the walls...it's enough wood without being too much, if that makes sense. Feels good to be just about ready to live in it I bet!
Thanks! I loved the look at the shiplap wall planks, and actually got the flooring super cheap, normally very expensive, and it all worked out well together i think. The only crappy part about the floors is they scratch easily, and are already scratched. Just moving the trash can scratched it because there was dirt/crap under it. Not a big deal and doesn't bother me much, just hope it doesn't get real bad. The driver floor area is weatherproof / waterproof stuff and sits almost an inch lower so once I'm living in it nothing will be tracked into the living area and ill take shoes off up there.

Definitely excited being so close to the finish line. I'd seriously thought about just selling it and padding my bank account to do a lot of travelling once it was finished, but in the back of my head knew that once it was done it would be hard to part with it just to start over with a smaller one. Now that the interior is basically there and electrical up and working i really doubt I'll be selling it. First road trip will be the test, but at this point the odds are very low.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #543
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhwick119 View Post
Definitely excited being so close to the finish line. I'd seriously thought about just selling it and padding my bank account to do a lot of travelling once it was finished, but in the back of my head knew that once it was done it would be hard to part with it just to start over with a smaller one. Now that the interior is basically there and electrical up and working i really doubt I'll be selling it. First road trip will be the test, but at this point the odds are very low.
That's the spirit. I remember reaching a certain kinda tipping point in the build where I knew it could work for us, it was livable. Then there were a few odds and ends to wrap up, some minor details and before we knew it we were selling the house. Do you still plan on biking or are you going to tow a car?
Old 12-13-2021, 12:04 PM   #544
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
Hey everybody! Long time no see.

Well I wasn't any better about checking up on here, but I think I'll get better at it now that. Finally in the bus full time, and I had to update here so y'all didn't think I gave up and sold the bus. I kept to it and got her done (mostly)

I left Texas nov 5th on my birthday and it was an interesting first day on the road. I had replaced my fuel sending unit because the gauge was stuck, but found out the hard way it was still wrong. I limped off the highway onto the shoulder but got lucky that the motor didn't die. It was still running just not accelerating anymore.

I had a 5gal tank of diesel on hand but found out the nozzle won't reach my tank filler, so I had to pop up the flooring (I left the prices removable over the tank access), remove the fuel sender, and pour the fuel in from the inside of the bus through the fuel sending unit hole. After a few minutes of struggling she started running again and I made it to a gas station. While that was happening, at some point I dropped my phone and it broke badly, lost half of my touchscreen and had to replace phone next day.

After all that, it was smooth sailing. I made it to where I was heading to a friend's in New Mexico and now I'm chilling out here and helping him build out some of his property out here. Sadly my insurance dropped me (progressive) 2 days after I got here for being a school bus, so I'm just chilling here for a bit.

My interior is messy as hell right now but I'll get a few more pictures of it now that I'm living in it once I clean up a bit. I don't have any interior pics on this new phone
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20211118_163117.jpg   IMG_20211117_170150.jpg   IMG_20211117_165646.jpg   IMG_20211117_165440.jpg  
jjhwick119 is offline   Reply With Quote