Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Thumbs up No turning back

Hello all;
I wanted to drop a quick word. I have taken the first step in my build. Today I drilled some holes in my roof for my first of four solar racks. I have been doing little things that have led up to today. If everything goes right I should have the first two of eight solar panels hooked up by the weekend. I am installing eight 240 watt panels. They will be hooked up to a 36 volt battery bank. This in turn will power a 3000 watt inverter. I will also have a 12 volt system for my lights and other things like water pump.
So wish me a good build and happy times all. Will try to post pictures tomorrow or Friday if I have time. I have to be able to live in this by Christmas. I will only have some power and very little else. But it will only be for a couple of weeks.

Historymaker 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Talking Solar

Just an update. Wanted to let you know that I have hooked up some of my solar. I have Epever charge controller and 3-200 amp hour batteries. There is a 3500 watt inverter. I also have a 12 volt system. I bought everything from SanTan solar since they have a store here locally. I have 2- 240 watt panels installed for right now. I plan on 8 panels and using a 36 volt system.
I want to get the roof done but need some power to do it.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:39 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
SanTan's great to work with and their panels are a great value. I'm fortunate to live in AZ, where their first store/warehouse is. I'm glad to see they opened that second one in GA and that they're growing. I'll bet you were glad, too!
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 05:03 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
SanTan's great to work with and their panels are a great value. I'm fortunate to live in AZ, where their first store/warehouse is. I'm glad to see they opened that second one in GA and that they're growing. I'll bet you were glad, too!
Yes it is good to have them 20 min. from my house.