Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 06:14 PM   #1
Skoolie

Not sure what to get, or where to find one...

Here's the thought process.

I want to build a skoolie / RV with the following ammeneties.

#1. seating for driver and passenger.
#2. King bed for said driver and passenger when, well, not driving...
#3. Usable kitchen. Must be legal for Texas registration as RV... Not sure what that entails.
#4. Shower / toilet space. Can have a multi use space where a port o potty slides into a shower stall or out from under a bench or ???
#5. Budget friendly, and reuse existing camping gear if at all possible, and I am very well equipped with tent camping gear. Stoves, heater,

The bus should be as short as possible.

The people involved are both big (I am close to 400lb, working my way down, but it's tough...), there will be a cat travelling with us...

I am also 6' 0" so headroom is a must have... I don't want to crouch with my back, and certainly don't want to bang my head on the roof...

I am thinking 30' max, Front Engine... Flat nose type bus. Would that be considered a "short" bus or what?

I've seen the rigs I am talking about around. My school district has a mess of them.just not sure what to call them...

Any one here have one like that that can give me some pointers on what to look for?

dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote