Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #1

Pulling the Trigger tomorrow....

Friends,
I am a huge bus RV fan but have never done one. I recently bought and sold a 71 carpenter bus flat nose 3208 pusher. After driving it I got hooked. I grew up in a Greyhound Scenicruiser that was converted. So I have been involved before.

I am currently looking at two buses that I think I may end up getting both- one is a 82 Thomas turbo diesel school bus... Running and driving. It has an automatic. It is sti in the possesion of the school. The second one is a 79 Crown also with a pusher only non turbo detroit diesel. Both are straight and both are automatics. Both are cool. I like the crown because of the obvious style and the basement storage.

Both have anywhere between 220k and 225k respectivly.

If I could buy both one would be to sell... Can anyone give me the pros and cons of each and what they are worth like on EBay?

Thanks in advance!

Sixtyninewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Pulling the Trigger tomorrow....

Welcome!
I can't help you choose between buses. . . I don't know the fine points of either; and in the end, you don't want to make somebody else's choice, because you have to live with it.

As far as eBay - consider the answer David Letterman got when he asked an art dealer what made one painting more valuable than another.
The dealer's answer: "Two rich people are fighting over it."

On eBay, an item is worth whatever someone is willing to bid. There is no eBay "book value." I was looking at some items on eBay today, and saw multiple auctions selling virtually the same item with high bids ranging from $3 to $300.

Check out the Jacuzzi buses Jason builds. In the past he has made a profit when he is done with them, but the market fluctuates and so far with Jacuzzi Bus V it looks like it will be a miracle if he breaks even. If you expect to make a profit, you should have an "in" that will let you be able to buy a bus for way below recent sales prices.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #3

Re: Pulling the Trigger tomorrow....

It indeed was a 79 pusher...
Sixtyninewest is offline   Reply With Quote