Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 12:43 AM   #1

Starting to look

I am in need of some guidance or directions please. I am starting to look for a decent bus to do a conversion on. I have the plans drawn up in my head and have put them on graphing paper already and here is what I have come up with.

I will need a diesel pusher
at least a 80 pass bus
with under bus storage compartments (water storage tanks and waste storage tanks)

Now for where I am stumped. I can't seem to find any decent busses for sale that aren't beat to holy hell. Will someone please share ideas and or links on where to find decent buses and what to look for in the pictures before putting a deposit on one?

Also should I purchase one does anyone know if you have to have a CDL to drive it to my home state of Washington so I can begin my conversion on it? If so what would I have to do to it in order to get around the CDL requirement?

Chad

akarmyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Hi Chad, welcome.

I don't know if WA offers this but here in VA they have a 3 day permit for only $5 that is purchased online and printed out.

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
Did you try Harlow's or northwest bus sales yet? Auburn/seatac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarmyguy View Post
I am in need of some guidance or directions please. I am starting to look for a decent bus to do a conversion on. I have the plans drawn up in my head and have put them on graphing paper already and here is what I have come up with.

I will need a diesel pusher
at least a 80 pass bus
with under bus storage compartments (water storage tanks and waste storage tanks)

Now for where I am stumped. I can't seem to find any decent busses for sale that aren't beat to holy hell. Will someone please share ideas and or links on where to find decent buses and what to look for in the pictures before putting a deposit on one?

Also should I purchase one does anyone know if you have to have a CDL to drive it to my home state of Washington so I can begin my conversion on it? If so what would I have to do to it in order to get around the CDL requirement?

Chad
aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote