The 2003 BlueBird RE AZ Bus Conversion
I thought I would start a thread for my bus build. With all the research I do I would hate to waste it by not writing things down.. Anyways my goal is to make the bus as reliable as possible before I start build out the inside. Plus I have no idea what I want to do interior-wise at this point. I'm too focused on maintenance and safety.
Anyways, I hoped I would be able to work on the bus out front of my house but it only took a few days for some guy to start taking pictures (works for the HOA) so I'll have to do weekend spurts. So starting off this is what I have planned.
- Transmission flush and filter change (No idea when it was changed)
- Engine oil and filter change (No idea when it was changed)
- Lift pump upgrade to Airdog FPII-150, bypass stock lift pump, remove the stock filter and water separator (I don't want to have a CAPS failure)
- Replace driver's seat (Current one is dry rotted and doesn't have a shoulder belt)
- Install new seats for the family with seat belts. (Safety first and I already bought 4)
- Unlock 6th gear
- Increase HP from 260 to 300-350hp
- Install trailer hitch (Looking for a class 4 that will fit)
So this is what I have planned first. Already removed most of the seats and bought some Honda Odyssey seats so I'll have to buy some swivel bases and build the mount for the floor and figure out where to mount them. Decisions decisions...
- Roof raise
- Solar and batteries
- Gen install
- AC install
- Diesel heater
- Move front door to midship (Maybe)
- Fresh, gray, black tank install
- Interior build-out
- Change rear diff from 5.38 to around 4.5 (looking for a good deal)
I have a lot of work ahead of me so this build will take a while.