Still working.. slowly.. The "pace" (if we can call it that) for the past several years has amounted to several weeks up to maybe 3 months of work done during the entire year. And of course that's just a handful of evenings and a moderate chunk of the Saturdays. I get myself involved in way too many projects! I honestly hoped I'd actually spray some paint this fall -- primer, at least -- but didn't quite get there. I did get the wheels sanded and painted, and some body filler...
Yesterday I got out and took a few pictures. Here's how the front stands now. The new sheet metal is full height all the way to the windshield frame. I held the cut-up pieces of front cap in place for a mock-up two months ago, and I think I'm going to have to cut off part of that front-top corner of sheet metal, but I don't recall now.
It was about two months ago that I finally got brave and took a saw to the front cap. It'll need more trimming, but this was sufficient for the purpose of doing a little mock-up. Here are the pieces, supported by my local snow bank. I think the upper portion should actually be higher than what the snowbank could accommodate: there should be about 16 inches vertical change at the cut line. The top piece is cut more-or-less how it'll be; the lower piece needs to have more removed. The plan is to craft a curve going from the top, there where it steps down below the marker lamps, arching down to the lower piece just above the destination sign cutout.
Finally, a view of the rear. The fiberglass there hasn't changed a bit since I cut it something like 4 years ago.. In this picture the back is (still) covered with a temporary piece of sheet metal. You can see the large outline of 1x2 square tube which formed the opening for the rear window. Into that space I've built a smaller framework. One of the sliding windows removed from the side of the bus will be installed there.