Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: The Great Supperhooper Adventure!!

I don't know about carpenter bodies, but on my Blue Bird, the chair rail is a folded over and pressed piece of sheet metal that goes down to the floor, flanges under the frame boughs and then flanges down in between the outer skin and floor joists. See: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3372

oldog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by didjeridrew
turns out its going to be too much trouble for the small amount that i really need gone. so i am just going to cut off what i want gone with a plasma cutter, and the rest will be hidden by cabinets, seating, and my daughters bed. by the end of the week i hope to have the entire inside gutted of sheet metal and old insulation. i found that some of the panels had mold growing from a water leak. once i get everything gutted i am going to give the whole bus a good washin and search for any leaks at that point.

with all the sheet metal that is coming off the inside, i am going to have plenty to wall up that window openings that i want covered, and shield my battery box, aux fuel tank, genny box, and black tank. i decided to put my potable tank(1-55 gal barrel) on the roof. one, this saves me on using a pump, and for when the water gets low and my pressure isn't what i would like, i'll be able to put a regulated air line into the tank to pressurize whats left.

been looking at centrifuges also. still trying to figure out how to use the engine to push the oil, instead of an electric pump. i have an idea to use a gear pump, mounted to a pulley that is turned by one of the belts on the engine. the output is then regulated to 90psi and roughly 1gpm. haven't found anyone who knows if this has been done, nor have i found anyone that has told me it wouldn't work. the only thing that keeps me from trying is the $300+ pump from McMaster that i want to use.
other than that we have the money for the oil bypass filter system, so that will be ordered this week. any body ever put one of these on an international 7.3?
any help would be much obliged.

FOR ONE WHAT KIND OF SKOOLIE DO YOU HAVE?

AND WHAT MOTOR DO YOU HAVE.

WHY I ASKED IS YOU CAN DO A AC PUMP TRY THE POST IN THE

Re: Looking for a source for 12 volt HD compressor
by CAMO-MONSTER on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:15 am

frank-id wrote:
Cosco had a few 12 volt compressors but all are gone now. The truck and 4X4 places want about $200. Any suggestions??????/ Frank

I HAVE A 1974 GMC 6000 CARPENTER WITH A 454 CHEVY THAT I'M GOING TO PUT ON BOARD AIR ON IT. I ALSO HAVE A 1971 CHEVY 4 X 4 THAT ALREADY HAS IT. I CONVERTED A AC PUMP TO A AIR COMPRESSOR. I USED THE OLD LONG GM PUMP AND PUT A TANK ON AND I HAVE 2 POP OFF VALVES 1 AT THE PUMP THAT IS FOR AHOT WATER TANK IN 1999 I PAID $12 FOR IT AND 1 ON THE TANK THAT IS AJUSTABLE AND I GOT IT ON THE TANK WHICH CAME OFF A LARGE TRUCK, AND IN MY OPION THOSE 12 VOLT PUMPS ARE SLOW AND LIMITED ON WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH. LIKE I CAN SET TIRE BEEDS, LIKE 17/40/15 GUMBOES THAT I HAVE ON THE TRUCK AND RUN AIR TOOLS. IT RUN AIR OF 150 PSI IN JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES, AND YOU CAN PUT IT TOGETHER PRETY CHEAP DEPENDING THE APPLICATION AND WEATHER YOU CAN FIND ALL THE PARTS FOR YOUR MOTOR OR IF YOU CAN FAB YOU CAN PUT OTHER PUMPS ON THE MOTOR. IT IS LIKE HAVING A NORMAL AIR COMPRESSOR. BUT IF YOU JUST HAVE TO HAVE A 12 VOLT PUMP GO http://WWW.FBIRIDES.COM THAY HAVE 12 VOLT PUMPS THAY ARE NOT AS CHEAP A THE OTHER STYLE OF PUMP.

CAMO-MONSTER
CAMO-MONSTER
Mini-Member

Rated Cap.: 72
Private messageE-mailWebsite

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Rated Cap: 66

OH BY THE WAY WHAN I WAS SWAPINGMY OLD HOT WATER TANK AND I NOTICE
THAT MY CHAIR RAILS ARE WELDED TO THE VERTICAL CHANNELS IN THE WALL
TO GET TO IT YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE OUTER SKIN OFF.

I HAVE A 1974 GMC 6000 CARPENTER

CAMO-MONSTER

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

Nice looking conversion. What are you planning on doing to replace the interior roof skin? Maybe some kind of laminate? What is the story with that hood emblem? It cracked me up as soon as I saw it! Are you a dachshund (or however you spell it)owner? And finally, have you decided on a WVO setup yet? Thats probably enough questions for one post eh! RECYCLER
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote