Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1983
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: SV396 V-8, International
Rated Cap: 66
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinCoughlin
The Millenium Phoenix - new project

Just having fun with all this. I've got a 1983 International Loadstar 1700, 392 V-8 running on propane, via an Allison automatic and air brakes. After a bit of discussion with the Washington DOL offices (okay, some arguing, foot stomping, swearing in the parking lot and sincere smiles and butt kissing in the office) I've got it titles as a motorhome, and have plates. Runs nice, and now, a month after it got home, it has paint!

I'm another one of the people who likes flames. I volunteer with my local fire/rescue department, and when on shift on weekends I wanted to bring my "projects" with me to work on in my spare time (and there can be a lot of spare time in a 24 hour shift!). I make bikes, trikes, and other odd little vehicles - so taking a lot of ideas from some of the toy haulers on the net, I'm taking the back half of my bus and making it shop space, and the front for motorhome. So when it came time to paint, I had to mask some flames out of the original school bus yellow hood, and the rest was all "freebie" paint off the net - mostly shot with a regular spray gun in the back parking lot at the rural station with all the overspray wafting over the blackberries (we'll be cutting them again this spring - we do every year, so no environmental complaints, please *grin*).

Pictures and story of the project at my website:
http://www.kevin-coughlin.com/cars/MilleniumPhoenix

Looking at at least the last 2/3 of the roof raised by 12 inches - but not for a month or two.... got to get some other projects done at home or my wife may insist I spend a LOT more time living in my bus!

Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 366 Gas
Looks great you are doing a very nice job. I am also going to flame the front of my bus. BUT...I have to have someone do it for me. I'm not good with that kind of thing. Can't wait to see more....