Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #1

The Pearl ("eco" build)

Hi all,

Guess I'll make a little spot for The Pearl project build. She was bought almost 3 weeks ago, a 1998 ford collins, 6 window short bus. 7.3 deisel, like new tires. My desire is to do as "eco" of a build as I can (given the constraints of doing that within a moving metal frame running on a deisel 😉)
Have so far removed seats, heater (re-routed coolant back to engine), replaced the fuel filter, removed interior paneling and old crappy insulation, still haven't decided about removing back factory a.c, so for right now, we cut the ceiling around it. Apparently we did what everyone considers a no no by removing seat rail and paneling below. It honestly wasn't that hard to take out so didnt think much about it. My partner in crime though, who is a boat builder, says hes not worried about it in the least.
Still working on getting the plywood sub floor out.
Most rivets (except for the ones one the metal floor rail strips) came out fairly easily with a cold chisel.
The next immediate things to do other than finish removing subfloor, is to repair some roof leaks, and any other leak we can find. Then decide on what kind of roof insulation, and final ceiling material. (And planning for if a roof rack needs to come through the ceiling.)
Attached Thumbnails
20180618_124002_HDR.jpg   20180621_155855_HDR.jpg   20180708_182154.jpg   20180708_183818.jpg   20180709_125634.jpg  

Bwild is offline   Reply With Quote