Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevydude01 View Post
Haha! I did grow up and black and white western shows. Bonanza was one of my favorites, not black and white but it was always on at grandmas house... The name came from me wanting a boat. I love big old boats, wood ones to be particular, Chriscrafts and stuff like that. I figured it will be a while before I get one so I decided the bus is my land yacht. SS for United States vessel, Liberty because "Independence" was taken lol.
Blue&white will be pulling Red&white

Still watch Bonanza everyday I'm home @ 1:00

Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #22
Almost There

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6-71
Rated Cap: 52 pax
The framing continues in the bathroom. The front bathroom wall is framed using 1.5"x1.5" studs. I should have taken a better picture but the studs are attached to the roof using a metal channel that has been cut to allow for bend, then glued and riveted to the roof. The front wall has been positioned so it will be perfectly fir between two windows and will be a total of 2.5 inches thick when finished. I am going to spray foam below the windows and also fill this wall with spray foam to make it more rigid. The rear bathroom wall will be standard thickness to accommodate plumbing and it is how power lines will run from under to over the window line. it will also house the power lines to the rooftop ACs and PV power.

It was pretty tricky trying to figure out where the walls would end up in an unlevel bus with no factory right angles. To anyone that says looks wonky when I'm done, I'm just going to say "No, you are just viewing it while parked on unlevel ground" or "Na, I just have a low tire. As soon as I fill it up everything will look right" or some excuse like that haha
Old 01-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #23
Almost There

Ill put the front main bathroom wall in after the shower pan has been installed. I just need to frame the bed support over the water tanks and then its rough plumbing and electrical!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

This picture made me laugh out loud

(I know from the other angled pics that it's square)
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #25
Almost There

[QUOTE=milkmania;180384]Blue&white will be pulling Red&white

That's Awesome!! Do you launch it with the bus? That's a pretty sweet setup man... A little green with envy here
Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

Haven't installed hitch on bus yet... Pull it with suburban

Best Hole Shot on YouTube!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #27
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
This picture made me laugh out loud

(I know from the other angled pics that it's square)
Its sturdy. That's what I wanted. Strong. Yeah I know I'm going to hear it about how it looks but believe me the ones that need to be square are lol. Once its finished no one will see the not quite so straight studs just a perfectly finished wall haha
Old 01-18-2017, 09:58 PM   #28
Almost There

I used the factory edges of a sheet of plywood to check that everything is square where it needs to be. I cut a huge circle in the sheet to make it easier to work with.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevydude01 View Post
Its sturdy. That's what I wanted. Strong. Yeah I know I'm going to hear it about how it looks but believe me the ones that need to be square are lol. Once its finished no one will see the not quite so straight studs just a perfectly finished wall haha
Just yankin' your chain

The angle makes it look WAY off!
I was able to work on mine on level shop floor and dial gauge showed bus level in both directions... And I still went went a tape measure and large framing square over a level for my studs.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #30
Almost There

Hello all! I have started to do all the rough in in hopes of getting the lower half of the walls spray foamed. I have the main panel in place as well as the wiring for the AC power outlets in place. I am securing the wiring to te walls using plastic clips and self tappers. After all of the electrical and plumbing is in, it will be spray foamed and that will keep everything in the walls nice and tight, nothing will be moving or vibrating. I am using 12 gage stranded wire for the wiring with the exception of the run from the generator to the main panel, the air conditioners and the shore power input plug. The solar will also use different sized wire. I know how to wire everything after the main panel but everything before it, like the multiple inputs (shore, genny and battery).

The wires that go down into the floor is how I got power to the other side of the bus. The wires are secured to the bottom of the floor just behind the front axle.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #31
Almost There

I am also going to remove the 25 feet or so of piping that brings hot water to the back heater. The heater lunes were looped when I got the bus. I followed them all the way to the front of the bus, just behind the front bumper. I am keeping the front heater which is built into the dash and is larger than the rear heater. The heater metal heater lines are connected to the system with rubber hose, I'm thinking I can just loop the two lines at the front so I can remove the steel piping and use the holes the pipes used to run in to run heavy power lines from the front to he back of the bus.

here is the back loop that was there when I got it. The wires were still hooked up to the heater, I just have them there for now. This pic is looking down into one of the famous Crown access holes that has to remain easy to get to

This pic is where the pipes loop to the coolant system. I should be able to connect these to remove the rest of he coolant pipes. the second pic is bad but shows more of the long long pipes

And just for fun, this is whats in two of the 5 access holes

the other access holes are the fuel sender unit, the rear hatch that has the heater loop in it and of course the biggest one id the "hood"
Old 03-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #32
Almost There

Ok. So I've been working on my wiring some more. I just about have all of the A/C side wired up and run down the walls below the windows. All of my D/C will be run above the windows. I have read threads about keeping A/C and D/C separated to keep down interference with the speakers but is that really the biggest problem? Most everything is separated by about six inches or so where the A/C and D/C are close but there are a few places where they cross over each other but it is about 6 feet from the speakers. Will I still have problems? I would like to get the electrical wrapped up so I can finally spray foam and start the kitchen and bathroom!
Old 08-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #33
Skoolie

Year: 1954
Coachwork: crown
Engine: 220 cummins turbo
hows this build coming along?
50 crown is offline   Reply With Quote