The demolition work on our bus has commenced! This past week we removed the exterior reflectors, all of the seats, and we also fixed the door that had a bent frame by removing the glass, torquing the door frame until it was straight, and reinstalling the glass.
When it's just me working on the bus, I focus on things that are more of a "one person" type job, like sorting out the wiring and pulling dents with a stud welder and slide hammer.
The only seriously rusted part of the bus (that I have found so far) is the floor of the circuit breaker panel. Apparently water would get in through the gasket and sit in the bottom, oxidizing and eating away at the metal. It's not serious, but I'll definitely want to address both the cause and the result.
Most of the seats we were able to remove by unbolting with one person underneath the bus with a crescent wrench or socket wrench, and the other inside, with an impact driver. You can guess who was underneath the bus.
The last 3 rows were easier to remove by splitting the bolts with a cut-off wheel and then using a chisel or grinder to knock the remaining pieces off. It wasn't too bad, and I only wore out 1 grinding wheel and 1 cut-off wheel.