Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusT View Post
Okay yes thatís what it probalay is ....
Well if I can take reconnect each back to there home and flip it to the other side of the frame ... the. Iíll have access to it without needing to remove my tank.... guess I should start by washing it so I can see everything ... maybe number each hose and itís home ....

Also is the fuel hose from the tank under pressure ??
The hose I have says not for injection pressure ..
also I have a red fuel hose and a black ? Is the red usually a return and back a pickup?
if it is under pressure depends on where your fuel pump is and where the fuel check valve for your fuel pump is?
i dont know your setup but i do know a load of different fuel system set ups and they all share things that are common?
would try to not change the factory fuel set up at all unless you are experienced and especially on an electronic controlled engine anything changed could throw all kinds of codes or mechanical wise could let the the computer shut stuff down?
like limp mode on the transmission or limited rpm from the engine?
bestin my mind for wiring is to lable and document on a piece of paper for whatever/you have a everything you touch for wiring that way even you have your own document of what you changed from factory and even the what you added.
trust me it will help years from now or if you decide to sell it will help and please include the details of driver side wall or ceiling in a conduit stuff so it can be included in/if you decide to sale post.
like all electrical has a chaseway with junction boxes and several other options and opinions on here

Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 30,000
So when I chased the red fuel line it goes to my primer and then fuel filter ... Iím guessing red fuel line is pickup and black is return ....
Not exactly sure if lift pump is near engine or somehow in fuel tank... But yeah your right it being electric could throw codes for fuel pressure or something and be no good....

Ive trying to find an fittings number 8 for 1/2 in fuel hose to adapt my oem fuel lines too... Iíve able come to think I might switch fuel hose from some cheap stuff off amazon to marine grade...
Lately Iíve welded the passenger floor and supports for the chair to bolt on to...
The supports are 1x2 11ga ...
And the floor is probalay 12 ga galvanized ... I had gotten from an old shack that was at a rail yard on a job over a year ago... worked and Matched the floor perfect ...
On top making a frame for entry door now ... and eventually get to a fuel tank cage . Get all my fitting together ... finding the adapter that will fit has been tricky ...
The fuel line uses compresiůn nut and has a flared end ... I want to keep that and convert and adapt an fitting on to it...

Also as for entry door Iím thinking a polished stainless would be pretty cool but still unsure ..
Attached Thumbnails
B90E2CB0-0831-467B-8EFB-CB71187C7B6D.jpg   E5D6E78D-3F22-49AE-9C96-9970D97B8AC2.jpg  
BusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #43
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
SNIP...

Also Iím wondering how difficult it would be to just add air bags to the front end and set up some kind of independent system where I could level them when needed and then reset when I start driving
Should be very doable. A friend had a cadillac that would self level (oem air bags/shocks) whenever she parked it on a sloped curb, or hooking up a trailer.

Just a couple built in levels sending a signal to the isolated air bags.
If you're planning to move locations a lot it would probably be well worth having an automatic system.

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins MD3060
Rated Cap: 84
For your fuel tank, why not keep the original tank so you don't have to mess with anything factory and just tie the new tank into the old one with a vent and crossover line like semi's do? That is what I am planning on doing. I have a factory 100 gal tank and the 75 gal tank off the donor MH that I want to plumb in so I only have to fill up once a trip. I have a 1000 gal tank in the ground that I could get filled when the price is low. 175 gallons should get me a long ways down the road!
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
Should be very doable. A friend had a cadillac that would self level (oem air bags/shocks) whenever she parked it on a sloped curb, or hooking up a trailer.

Just a couple built in levels sending a signal to the isolated air bags.
If you're planning to move locations a lot it would probably be well worth having an automatic system.
I looked into air bags for the front awhile back ... canít remember how expensive they were ... the rear uses a system with that rod and bolt setup that you adjust the nut . Like a semi . I guess sensors could be added . Iíll add that to the list haha
Old 05-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #46
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
For your fuel tank, why not keep the original tank so you don't have to mess with anything factory and just tie the new tank into the old one with a vent and crossover line like semi's do? That is what I am planning on doing. I have a factory 100 gal tank and the 75 gal tank off the donor MH that I want to plumb in so I only have to fill up once a trip. I have a 1000 gal tank in the ground that I could get filled when the price is low. 175 gallons should get me a long ways down the road!
Iíve been told that over and over and could possibly still do that but I think going from 35 to 100 is enough of an addition an that space has been comprised already with my stair well.
Also I would have to make the added tank lower to do a gravity fed system and itís behind the rear axle and I wouldnít want it to scrape..
Having a do or motor home must really be nice though ...
Old 05-09-2020, 06:16 PM   #47
Bus Nut

So i had an accident with a grinder ... this time it won .
4stiches ...
Make sure to get comfortable . Go slow and do things safe. I was hanging out the window over head grinding something to my left with the grinder in my right hand going across body when it bounces back and hit me in the face...
i want to link a picture but not rite on others feeig s about that..
got my right under bottom lip and above chin ...
I had a pinhole I was able to see my tounge ....
it’ll get better now back to work
Old 05-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #48
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
4stiches ...
Make sure to get comfortable . Go slow and do things safe. I was hanging out the window over head grinding something to my left with the grinder in my right hand going across body when it bounces back and hit me in the face...
itíll get better now back to work
damn it man. Why does it always take blood, sweat and tears?

Post pic as a warning! Glad you're ok. Overhead always sucks.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:01 AM   #49
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post

Yes, we have had a few folks post injury pictures ... with a prescursor warning post beforehand.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:03 AM   #50
Bus Geek

Quote:
4stiches ...
itíll get better now back to work
So sorry to hear of your misfortune! I hope you heal quickly and it does not affect your job or your build.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:39 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Haha here it is . It’s healing up nicely and stitches come out this weekend so all is good. It’s not to bad but I know some people don’t like it ...

Vid of stitches ... a picture wouldn’t do it justice
https://youtu.be/JE1fIJcSgkUhttps://youtu.be/JE1fIJcSgkU

I’ve had two knee surgeries for meniscus, both legs . Left arm broke twice , right arm once .
20 stitches in knee as a kid from cutting it on metal flourescent light fixture ..
Stitches and glue on each eyebrow from smacking my head right near eye.
Staples in head from speed wobble getting pulled behind go cart on skateboard...
And lots of other hemptomas and such Injury’s... and broke pinkie ...
Stitches on thumb where it connects to hand . Hand a bit of nerve issues for a month
Lol those are the ones medical professionals have gotten to see.

As of lately I’ve been doing floor plan and window framing...
seems like all this is taking me a lot longer then most but that’s okay.
I’m pruning panels with East wood epoxy primer ... these last two on drivers side I should’ve mixed more paint and applied thicker coat but I think when I top coat with rustoleum I’ll just do a two coat application ...
not to sure really ....
I’m having a little bit of warpage on the sheet going into my (living room) right around driver side big window ....
when clecoed...
Hopefully once I cut the window out and rivet it won’t get wavy...
I could take off and use a 16ga sheet I have instead but I’m not to sure . I already have this one primed and drilled .
I also have a birds nest with some baby birds i didn’t want to fume out in my buses make shift paint booth so I tried to put a tarp and ventilation to help them .
Window and panel above sink done ... tommrow I might hand this other one and see if it gets wavy... worst case scenario is I rivet and glue it on and it gets wavy with my window put into place . If I hate it I’ll take rivets out possibly or leave it deciding that’s to much work..
Next and hopefully this weekend is transition .

I took a shortcut leaning from the inside of the bus to grind the outside ... using the grinder overhead and cross body isn’t smart when there’s options ...

Some pics are sideways some are upside down...
i might stick to just linking videos ...
some might be backdated .
What I’m trying to show is I waited on “finalizing “ a floor plan before sheeting so I can weld window frames in properly ... for most of my windows .. the ones in back won’t get this treatment because I wanted to see progress and slap sheets up.

Anyways I’m not Notching the hat channels for my square tubing to be welded to hat and have a level plane on outside of the bus for the panel to sit on ...

Also showing the paint both. At first I was spraying outside and getting debris then I started thinking the overspray could only help all over the bus minus tools and Ac stuff so cover that up and coat everything ...
I’m not a painter but Eastwood epoxy has been expensive and user friendly .
The thicker the better is what it seems . These last two panels I did came out thin though. I really like the way the epoxy hardens on the panel . It’s a cool hard durable finish it seems...
I hope to link a overview video soon . If I can justify the time it takes to edit or just not edit and like the result of a video..
Attached Thumbnails
0FC09F68-B6F4-493A-86DD-9F2DC06BE741.jpg   9FE28B49-4BA7-4C98-918A-93E7C35FA3E2.jpg   D76BE814-F940-417E-9F31-94E75EF258BC.jpg   454C8A76-148F-45D9-98BB-2A8C1FF9BC96.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 11:17 PM   #52
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post

Peoples perceived time limits... or expectations to get the job done donít help avoid accidents ... if there like some of us including me... I work pretty hard and sometimes get into doing Things that can be kind of sketch...
Not at work though.
I do believe in ppe and having hearing protection glasses , goggles and respirator , probalay face shield without hard hat .. IS A MUST
But at work Iím paid to be safe. At the house itís Everyman for himself.
Haha
Awhile back I was trimming trees . Pulled up under a tree with my van. Put a 12 a frame ladder on the vans roof rack . Climbed up that and then maxed out extending pole saw to get some high limbs...
the neighbors loved that
Old 05-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #53
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
So sorry to hear of your misfortune! I hope you heal quickly and it does not affect your job or your build.
Thank y’all everything going fine .
Work hasn’t even seen it yet because Monday I had to go in for hazwoper training 24 hour class haha
Kind of ironic it because 30hrs before that I was at er
Old 05-14-2020, 01:05 AM   #54
Bus Geek

You are right ... a video does do it justice. No problem though, chicks love a scar!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Quote:
You are right ... a video does do it justice. No problem though, chicks love a scar!
Yeah I immediately thought I had to get a video of it. And yes I can add another scar I can potentially talk about haha although this one might be less noticeable once I grow out a braided goate
Old 05-14-2020, 09:43 PM   #56
Bus Geek

You gotta grow out the FLY as well!
Old 05-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #57
Bus Nut

Quote:
You gotta grow out the FLY as well!
Whatís that?
Old 05-14-2020, 11:22 PM   #58
Bus Geek

Quote:
Whatís that?
The FLY is that little bit of hair that grows under the lower lip.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:22 AM   #59
Bus Nut

Quote:
The FLY is that little bit of hair that grows under the lower lip.
Okay yeah the soul patch!! Haha
I mean to upload some pictures of the progress I made today...
I think drivers side run rail could go on tommrow . All my sheets are done . Starting transition . Still need about half the passenger side and around new entry door ... which Iím not sure to wether I want the lap to be towards the left or right or middle of entry door. Also a lot more has to go on and Iíll just keep working at it...
Also been thinking of 3ft overhand off rear bumper for dirt bike . With foldable walls that will act as Ramp. To load and unload . Then pillar or beams going up from back bumper directly not from edge of porch 3ft out.
But directly to a 1ft over hand of roof rack which could also be a potential lifting , pulley set up/ awning .
The back end already is pretty far out away from rear axle so thatís my only concern . Also trying to decided if I should cut front wheel wells down . I want to change the look of the trim around them anyways. The rear was squared off the fronts were super rounded and made the tears look tiny.
But if I could fit water tanks right on top of wheel wells if they were cut down or one tank going between front wheel wells...
Iím not sure really .

Just trying to find spots to put weight at in the middle and front of build . I know lots of tools and weight are hanging from behind rear axle already
Old 05-15-2020, 08:51 AM   #60
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
4stiches ...
it’ll get better now back to work
Hey BusT, I guess we are blood brothers. Must be in the South Texas air. I did the same thing two weeks ago right across my hand. Heal quickly.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build thread, fuel tank, window frame