Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: bluebird
We're Done

Check it out. We finished it last week and are now packing it up with our lives. We cannot wait to live in her...

Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84
Re: We're Done

Wow cool video - nice voice - what about storage under the bus - I like the idea of keeping the windows and doing a open - lots of windows anyway well done.
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Been following the blog. Certainly looks different from back then. Grats and hope it works for you and yours!
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: THOMAS
Chassis: SAFE-T-LINER
Engine: CAT 3116
Rated Cap: 83

I too read your blog!! GREAT JOB!!
BUSBOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #5
Skoolie

Looked through your blog. The bus looks great and thanks for sharing it all with us. I wish you safe and fun travels through Mexico. You will have to keep us updated throughout your travels if you can.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84

I went through the web site again and looked at your costs, you have everything documented pretty well. Like you, I've lucked into a lot of free stuff, cheap stuff, great help and good luck. Though I've spent a lot more I have a lot of tools and have tooled up for more than one job. I hope to see the shuttle takeoff for its last flight. And I could sure use trip to Mexico, South of Demming New Mexico just across the border for affordable dental work.
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 93
Chassis: ?
Engine: 5.9 Cummins

....and jealosy then sets in.

Good luck....and much good karma your way.

S
swhite832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: bluebird
Re: We're Done & in Mexico

We made it to Mexico. BBBBUUUUUUTTTTTTT - great story involved. We crossed the border at Mexicali and we were denied. The man asked me for my commercial paperwork because I was traveling in a commercial vehicle. Then he sent us back to the U.S. which required them to stop every single lane of traffic so we could flip her around and head back across U.S. border. The U.S. border people checked our passports and their dogs sniffed the bus. We crossed the border and on the recommendation of the border control on the U.S. side, we drove nine miles away to a new border crossing that simply walked through the bus and inspected it.

The bus itself made it down fantastic. We are having some serious battery issues. Our fridge propane stopped igniting and drained the battery down to nothing. It took us four days to drive down here and it drained the battery to 8. We realized that the battery terminal wasn't re-charging the battery itself. Now we're down here and both of our trickle chargers are broken. We cannot figure out why both broke. Coincidence? We don't know. So, we had the fridge fixed - new ignitor - but cannot plug in now at the campground because the charger isn't working. But all is working out regardless. The bus is working fine with little tweaks here and there. The toilet leaked until Steve tightened it a bit and the sink is leaking a bit but apparently it is an easy fix. See, many little things to figure out. But, we're parking inches from the beach and the weather is beautiful. I'll have photos on our blog very soon of the full moon over the bus!