Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
Skoolie

window sheeting

if you dont mind me asking- what are people using to sheet up the window openings ??? galvinized sheet metal ? aluminum sheet ?how thick ? thanks for the info. john

westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
I'm using panels from old coffee vending machines that I got for nothing. They are not a galvinized metal. I think they are about as think as the bus body itself. I'm cutting them to fit in from the inside and then bolting them in place and spot welding the top so they are in nice and tight. I am also calking them up good using an indoor outdoor calk. I saw another user here do this basic style on their bluebird. So i figured that was the best way for me.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I went to a sheet metal business and got some metal that was textured dull so that it could be painted. I attached it to the frames with JB weld that you can get at automotive shops or Lowe's or Home Depot. I also used JB weld putty to seal the outside. If you clean the metal it sticks like a weld. Then caulk to seal it further. The panels including cutting them to fit cost a couple of hundred bucks.

shaggy

shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote