Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Tomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 54
Deleting a thread?

Er... Yeah,
In my "Building a trailer hitch" Thread there is a lot of nonsense, Information that I have figured out isn't exactly accurate or could misguide or discourage people from attempting a trailer hitch install.
I would kinda like it gone to avoid confusion or edit it in such away that it clearly states that it should be disregarded.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
You may still want to edit your post but before you do you should consider the fact that some frame mfgs say not to drill holes on the flanges of the frame. In my post dated 2/11/15 under 1935 Chevy school bus in the skoolie conversions section, I copied the page in the shop manual for my bus chassis and it says not to drill or cut the flange anywhere as the design of the frame is all inclusive. Better for folks to be safe than sorry. Jack
Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yes some do, the way it was presented in my opinion implies that that is the way all are, witch is not the case. I feel that the thread affects the community in a non positive way. There is a lot of "this is the way it is" but a why is never presented, in my oppinion that makes info lose credibility. Looking at commercial hitches it proves it does not matter as this is how they are.
All other forums I am apart of don't restrict the editing and delition of ones threads/ posts.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
Bus Geek

I am not sure who's info you want to dissapear

There are people that are business owners and run commercial buses/trucks, they would never modify a frame for the insurance reasons and that is smart and safe information for thier application

I talk to engineers all day long it seems (tool&die machine shop) and they do some of the dangist things, why? because they are taught to do that and over think it

People have been raising bus roofs for decades, is it safe? engineers will say no, a commercial insurance carrier would say no, I think yes it's safe if welds are good and material used as filler meets or exceeds OEM

So opinions vary from person to person about how they would do it,

People told me I couldn't put a fullsize water heater in my bus, or residential toilet and lord have mercy, I used white PVC pipe for hot water use.....the "experts" at Lowes/Home depot say this to keep from being sued is it the appropriate answer???

No........... that is why I am building my own RV (Residential Vehicle)

Did you see my hitch I built? it is designed by me and built for me and my uses, I also know I will never put more than a 75 lb tongue wt on it, and my 2 trailers don't weigh very much, so I put a SQ hole in my 3/16 steel bumper, welded it around front and back and then welded a few 1/4 in braces in to spread the load across more of the bumper face.....,right or wrong...it's mine and works fine
Old 02-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Bus Nut

I don't necessarily want the info gone. I just want to make it clear, that I disagree with the info presented. On the other forums I am apart of deleting or modifying your own posts in your own thread is not an issue.
I am not sure why it is an issue here.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
I agree posts should not be locked, and we should be able to edit.

We used to be able to on the old forum before the face lift. It sure made building a nice detailed build thread much simpler. There is so much more info I want to add to the posts in my build threads but cant, due to post's being locked.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
Old 02-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Hang on guys, I will get a resolution/plan together okay?
Old 02-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
Bus Geek

PM sent, I will lock this now
Closed Thread