Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Disappearing replies?

I have been having trouble with my replies vanishing lately. I am typing away and reply box simply goes blank. Yesterday I had it happen 5 times on the same post. I finally gave up.

I don't know if it could be rated but it seems to have started about the same time the new advertising showed up.

Any suggestions?

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Try pressing "ctrl and Z" at the same time (this equate to undo on a PC anyways).
Yeah the new/more ads is quite a downer, but ah for the free use of the site who am I to complain, without making a buck we won't have a forum.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
Bus Geek

I went back to two threads that I posted to yesterday and my posts are gone
Old 11-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
What browser are you running? It might be a good idea to try switching to another browser, and maybe even a different OS too.

I've been post-Windows for over 10 years now. I use Firefox on Debian or Linux Mint and have never had any problems with this or any other forum.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:58 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
What browser are you running? It might be a good idea to try switching to another browser, and maybe even a different OS too.

I've been post-Windows for over 10 years now. I use Firefox on Debian or Linux Mint and have never had any problems with this or any other forum.
I am running Chrome on my Android tablet. I have been using the same device and browser for two years with no problem.

I will see about using a different browser. Bummer, I like Chrome.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post

I've been running W2k server standard with most of the services stripped out of it since it was released. Rock solid, never locks up, loads up quick, supports my quad core CPU. I don't do alot online so it's perfect for me.
Nothing it can't do that I need in life. I hate Win 8 and above, I have a desktop I have W7 on that I only use for video editing, I use my old laptop for everything other than vid editing.
Sucks firefox ended their support for the older OS, so at some point I will be forced off it....
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBaptist View Post
I've been running W2k server standard with most of the services stripped out of it since it was released. Rock solid, never locks up, loads up quick, supports my quad core CPU. I don't do alot online so it's perfect for me.
Nothing it can't do that I need in life. I hate Win 8 and above, I have a desktop I have W7 on that I only use for video editing, I use my old laptop for everything other than vid editing.
Sucks firefox ended their support for the older OS, so at some point I will be forced off it....
I stuck with NT for several years. I moved from NT To W2k. It was solid. I had enough headache supporting Windows 3.1, 95 , 98 and ME at customer sites.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
I don't know much about Android, just that it is a variety of Linux. I have more experience with windows, but it's not too recent.

When I got a new laptop 10 years ago it had Windows 7 on it. It took me about 4 hours of using Windows 7 to decide it was much worse than Vista. It was Vista that caused me to start dual-booting Windows and Linux. Then Windows 7 showed me that Windows was still getting worse and it was time for me to dump Windows and install Linux as a stand alone OS. So I know nothing about recent Windows editions, but I don't need Windows. I am very satisfied with Firefox on Linux.

But since no one else reports similar incidents with this forum, I stand by my suggestion to try a different browser. You don't have to use it all the time.
gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I stuck with NT for several years. I moved from NT To W2k. It was solid. I had enough headache supporting Windows 3.1, 95 , 98 and ME at customer sites.
Ohh man I was working in IT and was a beta tester back when ME came out (whistler) LOL. I liked ME for awhile actually, I was having driver issues playing gmes with W98 2nd ed that ME solved.
Peoples stupidity made me get out of IT and the 4 stores I owned back in 07, just was making me a mean drunk and pill head. I was offering RTO to the gen public and got a buy out and so glad I did. I prefer what I do now, everything from general labor to mechanic/road side tech.
I hate the newer tech I've nevr even owned a smart phone by my 3g phone will work with YT still, crap quality but ah $30 a month for unlimited works for me just wish google maps would work with it. I have a tablet that works fine for gps when i needs it. I did use NT for a little while too, it was the first stable Win platform.
I just don't want to have to learn anything new as far as computers go, got my hands full with 5 kids, studying the Bible and the things I need for the trades I do.