Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #21
Site Team

Adding tags to new threads

Have you noticed the Tag field at the bottom of each thread? (hint: look at the bottom of this thread)

Tags can be added by the thread starter and can be useful for filtering topics and sorting content in a more granular way.

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This compliments the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

Who adds the tags?
Tags are initially added to threads by the member who starts a thread. Add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content to the tag field when starting a new topic. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread). This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

How to use tags to find content?
Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.' This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:43 AM   #22
Site Team

Photo Albums

Forum members can set up photo albums. Images may be public or private and can be managed and edited indefinitely by each member. You can access your albums or set up a new album from your user CP. Look for the link to Pictures and Albums.

Consider setting up more than one album.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:52 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Have you noticed the Tag field at the bottom of each thread? (hint: look at the bottom of this thread)

Tags can be added by the thread starter and can be useful for filtering topics and sorting content in a more granular way.
I don't see anything that resembles this.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #24
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
I see it, go to a thread, scroll down and on the left after the last post it says "tags"
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
I see it, go to a thread, scroll down and on the left after the last post it says "tags"
Bansil,

Can you link to a post that has it, I tried a few and there is nothing that says tags. Some, not all, have a "Similar Threads" at the bottom but that's it
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereinusa View Post
That's because I neglected to add tags to this thread in the wee small hours of the morning. Look again again ;)
Old 12-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: B3800 Short bus
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 36
The old forum had a nifty link to view all unread threads, as opposed to viewing posts by date. This was useful to see all new items that the user hasn't already read. Does this forum have such a feature hidden away, or can it be added?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazty View Post
The old forum had a nifty link to view all unread threads, as opposed to viewing posts by date. This was useful to see all new items that the user hasn't already read. Does this forum have such a feature hidden away, or can it be added?
Yes - we have a similar feature. Look for the link to "new Posts" on the upper nav bar.

You can also find all posts made in the past few days under the quick links drop down menu (also on the upper bar) The link is called "todays posts". This later list wiil include all content, even the stuff you've already read.

The New posts link will only display content you have not yet read.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 98
Chassis: TC 2000 RE
Engine: 8.3 cummins mechanical
HI I posted pictures, signature etc and now all is deleted- cna you advise what might of happened
thanks
David
Old 08-03-2015, 12:59 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 98
Chassis: TC 2000 RE
Engine: 8.3 cummins mechanical
also mine says I have a miniskoolie under my name I have a 98 BB 8.3 pusher it seems even my profiel was hacked????
Old 08-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #31
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
That's your "ranking" not what you own.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #32

Year: 1994
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 360A
Rated Cap: 65
I am logged in but unable to see any of the photos. On the Photo page, the album Icons appear but no photos are displayed in them. When clicking on the album, the photo page displays with comments but still no photos. I have cleared my cache and cookies and the history, logged off and back on with no change. I've also search the forum and found others having the same problem with no solution. Thanks for any help in resolving this. Carl
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #33
Skoolie

Year: 1986
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: Cat 3208
Rated Cap: 84 px
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I am logged in but unable to see any of the photos. On the Photo page, the album Icons appear but no photos are displayed in them. When clicking on the album, the photo page displays with comments but still no photos. I have cleared my cache and cookies and the history, logged off and back on with no change. I've also search the forum and found others having the same problem with no solution. Thanks for any help in resolving this. Carl
it happens from time to time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal View Post
Sometimes the server has a PMS day and pictures don't show. Check back later.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Stop hosting pics here and use PhotoBucket.

PhotoBucket never has any of the issues this site does.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Are you still having this issue? If so can you post some info about your device and Operating system so we can try to trouble shoot?
Old 09-22-2015, 08:32 PM   #36

Year: 1994
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 360A
Rated Cap: 65
At this point, everything except the content on first album page is displaying. Clicking on the blank album icon does bring up the album with photos. I can live with that. Thanks Carl
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:53 AM   #37
Bus Crazy

How to get to a user's album(s)?

When a poster says "I've put pics up in my album", how do I get to that? Where is the association between a user and their albums displayed so I can use it?

This place is definitely worth what I'm paying for it, but it's a little hit-or-miss sometimes.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #38
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Don't you click on their screen names and then go to their albums?
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #39
Skoolie

Year: 97
Chassis: BadMuthaFuka
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: All of us
the easiest way i have come up with was to put link to my skoolie album in the signature section of threads and posts. you can do it in the user cp. that way if your talkin about something you have pics of they can just click the album link at bottom of post.
i just gave up on doing a build thread because it such a pita to post pics in thread...
Old 11-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #40
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Detroit 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Good afternoon, hope your doing well.
It is probably just my computer illiterate @55 and my old iPad and east coast explained it to e once but I can't find the link to start a new thread so that I don't hijack others.
Could you add a new thread starter into the quick links section?
I figured out how to stick pictures in my album but still haven't figured out how to share pics but that's more me than you.
Any help/thoughts with the thread starter thing would be appreciated.
Have a good weekend and thanks.
Bus name Jolly Roger/ol 223 my name is Mitchel.
Jolly Roger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
account, forum help, how to, posting