Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Those are pretty neat seat/ benches. Hinge down and then the back rest flips up?
Might be worth some money to someone?
Also since the whole weight of the seat comes down on a small footprint in the floor and it is cantilevered..there is likely a whole construction below the floor to support it.. might be above the average impact driver.

Good luck
Johan

joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
Those are pretty neat seat/ benches. Hinge down and then the back rest flips up?
Might be worth some money to someone?
Also since the whole weight of the seat comes down on a small footprint in the floor and it is cantilevered..there is likely a whole construction below the floor to support it.. might be above the average impact driver.

Good luck
Johan
Thanks for the well-wishes. I agree, they are a great design. I actually thought about trying to make use of the "up and away" mechanism in my build but have scrapped that idea as way beyond my skills, ability and time. Also, the base being as you say small footprint, is thick steel and I'm sure they weigh a ton so removing them should benefit my van's performance. I hadn't even considered what infatructure there might be underneath, good point, thanks.
Daarc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
To hold nuts under the bus you can use a self locking crescent wrench..google it.. very handy universal tool.
Lock it in and it does not fall of.
For the socket and breaker bar use a pipe extension.
This bolt would need at least a 1/2" style breaker bar.
The shop that yearly inspects my van skoolie often can not get the lugnuts of with their impacts wrenches. They allow me to help out. The last time we broke a mac breaker bar with a 5 foot pipe extension while we were jumping on the end.... Desperate situation requires desperate solutions.
Don't get hurt.

Johan
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:27 AM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
I'm sorry you are so angry and are not understanding the point we're trying to make.

Per you correcting others spelling and knowledge, remember you are the one that can't figure out how to find someone local to help you.
You social skills appear lacking too. Point is, no one is perfect and correcting others in public isn't very smart.

I'm done here.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #25

Thanks again.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:09 PM   #26

If you are converting this vehicle to be a camper, I hope you never camp next to me with your Attitude. Because I would tell you in person what you can do with your Attitude. Remember you you catch more Ants with Honey than you do with salt. My screen name tells you what I used to do, just put ARMY instead of Florida with it. No Attitudes allowed in my unit....
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:57 PM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
The same spirit seems to move this OP as another (he who shall not be named) dude full of.. (his opinions) and very vocal about blasting other folks. I think you know who I mean.... M*** Floaters in the punch bowl. Takes all kinds.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:52 PM   #28
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
I wish I lived closer, as Joe mentioned, it's a very nice design of seat, and the space saving foldaway ability as well as built in seat belts make them desirable in my opinion. I'd love to take them off your hands, but I'm about a day and half away if hustling and sadly I don't have the kind of time as of late to take a couple day trip for that.
Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:25 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
If I, or many others, are posting in this forum usually in a response to a question, we are trying to help you. That is the bottom line, we are trying to help you. If you cannot or do not appreciate that effort well then FFFF you.

I have never ever been at a loss of words to ungrateful people, this forum included
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker4449 View Post
I wish I lived closer, as Joe mentioned, it's a very nice design of seat, and the space saving foldaway ability as well as built in seat belts make them desirable in my opinion. I'd love to take them off your hands, but I'm about a day and half away if hustling and sadly I don't have the kind of time as of late to take a couple day trip for that.
Well, thanks for the comment and interest, anyway.