Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2022, 08:09 AM   #1

I cannot post

I get a message that says I don’t have permission to post.

Thanks for fixing it.
Susanne

Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
Site Team

You may see this message if you are including links in your post or message. (spam abatement scheme that affects new members)
Old 04-25-2022, 03:45 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Admin- hello with the seriousness of a heart attack, can I emplore you to make a airbrake forum- basics- some of the folks buying buses have no idea about airbrakes and it will kill somebody thru ignorance.

Here is the handbook on airbrakes put out by Bendix.
https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/r...Brake-Book.pdf

With out training i can see schoolies as a way of life get flushed because of the saftey violations and the danger of ignorance in the air brake department.
Cheers.

I posted it here becaise i dont know how
To open a thread amd begin posting. Please assist.
Cheers
Dirtdoctor. Builder of fine soils, 35 yrs of commercial driving my trucks, builder of the Bacon Bus and firefighter during fire season.
Dirtdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #4

Year: '98
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: E350 138" wb
Engine: 7.3 ps
Rated Cap: 11.5k lbs gvw, 20 souls
Thumbs up

Same experience. But no problem, I thought, just find an admin and PM for a fix. ...Except couldn't PM either. So logged out and used the site contact form.

Got an almost instant reply from Cliff (thank you), who tweaked my account settings. So tried to post here as a test and...failure.
"We have marked much of your activity as suspicious, you cannot perform this function at this time."
Replied by external email that I was still being falsely targeted. (Real spammers must not win this battle!)

Cliff took some extra steps and...success!

The vast majority of similar forums are run by unpaid volunteers, both mods and admins, who serve for the love of the game. Gracious appreciation is in order, along with patience. Many thanks to those who give life to this site.
Happy Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:57 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdoctor View Post
Admin- hello with the seriousness of a heart attack, can I emplore you to make a airbrake forum- basics- some of the folks buying buses have no idea about airbrakes and it will kill somebody thru ignorance.

Done. Thanks for the suggestion. There's a new brake section in the tech area and I moved a few recent discussions to that new section.