Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #81
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings Turbo 5.9 liter
Rated Cap: 72 Passengers:30,000 GVW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Ok I've added in a few more subboards..... the regional boards are still there, I'm still not convinced that isn't the right way to go, but I'll go with whatever the majority decides on that.

Take a look and see what you think.

SingleSkoolies
Oh, and oh yea...just one more thing (Colombo) can the single Skoolies link be put on the Skoolies.net tool bar? I think that would be very good.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #82
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
Cool idea, personaly the only place ill find my otherhalf is at a skydive drop center. the only issue i see with meeting someone you want to be with that has a school bus is who's bus to sell, sure as hell wouldnt sell mine.
Dopamine, if you paraglide, I live right next to Woodrat Mountain. There is a world
fly-in here every may-June. And if you can fly tandem....you definitely can park your Skoolie at my place and hopefully take me for a flight. Do you jump at Elsinore? I went hot air ballooning there back in the day. I wanted to jump there but after I crashed while taking hang gliding lessons my then husband and mother shamed me into of all things to consider my children. Hrumph.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #83
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
Two choices for photos: You can link them from Photobucket or other repository, or you can upload them as an attachment (max limit of 5 per message).

I have posted a test on the board so you can see the difference in how they will appear.

The one from Photobucket shows up full size but the picture is not a full screen width so not sure if it will thumbnail or not if it goes beyond that size... the uploaded one does, clickable to show full size.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #84
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapple View Post
Oh, and oh yea...just one more thing (Colombo) can the single Skoolies link be put on the Skoolies.net tool bar? I think that would be very good.
Hold on that until I get the domain registered. That's gonna be several days at the very least, have a lot going on right now with my move.... only reason I'm on now is I'm taking a break.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #85
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
Two choices for photos: You can link them from Photobucket or other repository, or you can upload them as an attachment (max limit of 5 per message).

I have posted a test on the board so you can see the difference in how they will appear.

The one from Photobucket shows up full size but the picture is not a full screen width so not sure if it will thumbnail or not if it goes beyond that size... the uploaded one does, clickable to show full size.
The photos are lookin good! I would have to post as attachments. Photobucket is waaay to techy for this pea brain. Thanks for giving choices.
Alley Cat....do you need some $$ to buy a domain? I m certainly wanting to help. This cannot all be on your dime. Let me know and how to get you some funds if the domain is needing money to purchase. You have really done a wonderful job, especially knowing how busy you are. Muchas Gracias, mi amigo. Apple, as in Adams or MAC.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #86
Bus Nut

The domain plus domain privacy is only about 20 bucks a year, if I can't afford that there's something wrong.

Of course donations are ALWAYS welcome.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:37 PM   #87
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Quote:
Dopamine, if you paraglide, I live right next to Woodrat Mountain. There is a world
fly-in here every may-June. And if you can fly tandem....you definitely can park your Skoolie at my place and hopefully take me for a flight. Do you jump at Elsinore? I went hot air ballooning there back in the day. I wanted to jump there but after I crashed while taking hang gliding lessons my then husband and mother shamed me into of all things to consider my children. Hrumph.
I definitely need to fly their one day. I sometimes will take mad rips from Billy BONG Thorton. & go fly into the clouds mentally & physically, with a paraglider (most Amazing feeling in the world).
I don't do tandems, but if I don't die base jumping those squirl suits before im 40. than I will do tandem paragliding.
But right now I prefer (speed flying) which is a branch of paragliding, it is a relatively new sport. but you use a much smaller canopy above you & you fly as fast & as close to the mountain as possible without ripping your legs off. AS far as skydiving, I have two tandem jumps at Perris, but I had to choose between building my R.V. or getting my skydive solo license. When I finish my build tho, The sky is were ill be.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:00 PM   #88
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Christopher...thank you. You get it. I own a ranch that right now is home to two Skoolies waiting to be transformed. I can accommodate many more. But aside from hosting Skoolies on anyone private property I would like to meet other Skoolies at various destinations, National Parks, caravan to places that safety is in numbers. We are only limited by our imaginations. Boondocking a flock of Skoolies could be a hoot.
Oh! Here's an idea...we could be in the Doo-Dah parade, singles and couples! That would be right up a Skoolies alley! If you are not familiar with the Doo Dah parade in Pasadena, California.....doo google it.
Count me in! I'm also single and happy. I'd love to meet up with other skoolies. My plan is to take it on the road for a year, starting next September.

Sandi
Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #89
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Lifeguard
Engine: 366 Chevy
Here's an idea: Why not make the new forum about Skoolie Life with the focus on life and travel. This place is all about the build with a tiny subsection where we all watch Dred's travels. Skoolie Life would be about all travelers and homesteaders that are beyond the build stage and living the lifestyle. Skoolie Singles would just be one aspect.

Personally, I've been with my soulmate for 15 years, but we live a life of a much younger couple. Full timing in our skoolie scares us both but we leave next week. We're not trying to hook-up, but meeting folks along the way helps us be more social animals (she's outgoing, I'm a hermit). Having folks for her to learn from and interact with will make our journey less lonesome (and help get her more on-board with skoolie life).

Quote:
That would be very cool especially if we get together and party with lampshades on our heads.
Please don't bring up the lampshades (last time I had a lampshade on my head, I lost a day and a half - no recall at all).

Quote:
The photos are lookin good! I would have to post as attachments. Photobucket is waaay to techy for this pea brain. Thanks for giving choices.
Probably ought to sharpen those Photobucket skills anyway. Taking pics of your travels will need to be put somewhere. Also the maintenance, management, and cost of hosting a site goes up exponentially the bigger the load is on the host computers. Attachments take up a lot of storage space and can slow the system down. Photobucket give you an enormous amount of free picture/video hosting and linking to it is really quite easy.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:12 AM   #90
Mini-Skoolie

You are in, Sandy! Don't forget if you travel to Oregon, my pastures await you. There is hiking, kayaking, white water rafting, music festivals, Crater Lake, the California
Redwoods and the Oregon coast all in my backyard. This is an open invitation for all Skoolies, single or couples. Happy to host you!
Apple
Closed Thread