Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Craigslist is "special" ive found... but yeah.. only nibble you get on CL.. is well.. perhaps the only ntrigue about a bus from CL would be the fact it has 16 rows of "back seats"...

in reality.. I often get lots of like minded individuals' attention by just driving the busses around...

and I do just that.. more than once ive used the DEV just to run errands in... the folks at IKEA thought it was Fantastic when i showed up to furnish my new florida apt in a a bus.. in fact I even helped some poor souls trying to load a bed on a minivan get their stuff home too.. the adults "fought" over who had to drive the van home and the rest rode the bus with me...

this new bus... a cpuple of my fuel stops i got thumbs up and acolades from people "oh ive always wanted to buy an old school bus !! thats so cool"...

alas im convinced that if you just get a bus and use it as a driver.. just cruise it around.. that you';ll meet like-minded people... that is the purpose of my second bus.. it will always stay a bus...
-Christopher
I did create a disposable email address for that little jaunt, in case things went south!

Old 10-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings Turbo 5.9 liter
Rated Cap: 72 Passengers:30,000 GVW
Grrr! If this goes to Facebook, I m still going to be traveling single. I refuse to participate on FB. hoping someone comes up with a different solution. I don't think Craigslist is an option. Can't the Skoolie administrators help create our own board within Skoolies.net? This seems to me to be where we find other single Skoolies.
But....keeping tossing ideas, one will stick to the proverbial wall.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:35 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cat 3126 7.2 / Allison AT545
Rated Cap: 77 Passenger
I like this idea AND I am a web developer... but VERY busy right now. about 90% done with my conversion and want to get it done!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Ok, PoolRoom! As soon as you have the time......YOU DA MAN!

Btw, I just won my bus at GovDeals.com., Beaverton, Oregon School District. Drove and towed ( half way down the I-5 the tranny took a powder) it home and so far removed the seats. I m driving to Prescott Az. This coming weekend to pick up a travel trailer I bought in February and will sell it here in Oregon to finance my bus conversion. Then things will start getting interesting.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapple View Post
Ok, PoolRoom! As soon as you have the time......YOU DA MAN!

Btw, I just won my bus at GovDeals.com., Beaverton, Oregon School District. Drove and towed ( half way down the I-5 the tranny took a powder) it home and so far removed the seats. I m driving to Prescott Az. This coming weekend to pick up a travel trailer I bought in February and will sell it here in Oregon to finance my bus conversion. Then things will start getting interesting.
a month or two I just might consider it!!! It really wouldn't be that hard to do!!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:50 PM   #26
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im a software DEV... can work the BACKSIDE of a web site.. but I dont have the ability to make it look pretty.. but if we need any DB work.. its what I do..

you CAN do FB in a provaste manner. by making it a closed group...

-Christopher
Old 10-16-2016, 08:53 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

there are plenty of template programs that are an all-in-one completely done system. no programming necessary!!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

I just do not want to be a part of Facebook, Christopher. I know, I know....I ve heard it all before, but I will not be a member of FB. I appreciate your suggestion and I thank you for that.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie

Oh my MAC mentors would have some pretty hilarious albeit embarrassing to me stories to tell you about how Computer Stoopid I am. It will have to fall upon somebody that can turn a computer on without reading the manual each try. I pass to Cadillackid.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
As drama free as its been on here lately, I'd really hate to see this turn into a dating site.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #31
Bus Nut

Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
le;167129]I just do not want to be a part of Facebook, Christopher. I know, I know....I ve heard it all before, but I will not be a member of FB. I appreciate your suggestion and I thank you for that.[/QUOTE]
fb is what you make of it! you started this thread, keep it going. put your info on your home page with a pic. its that easy young lady!
Old 10-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #32
Bus Nut

Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
As drama free as its been on here lately, I'd really hate to see this turn into a dating site.
ya but your not single
Old 10-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #33
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapple View Post
Grrr! If this goes to Facebook, I m still going to be traveling single. I refuse to participate on FB. hoping someone comes up with a different solution. I don't think Craigslist is an option. Can't the Skoolie administrators help create our own board within Skoolies.net? This seems to me to be where we find other single Skoolies.
But....keeping tossing ideas, one will stick to the proverbial wall.

On a very prominent ski boat forum I attended, we branched off and created "a dark side" where a lot of the members would congregate... It was a 'no holds barred' location and pretty much policed ourselves without the constrictions of a public forum and moderators, as it was Invitation Only! You had to know someone that knew someone. Something like a He Man Woman Haters club for the much publicized Locker Room banter.

It lasted a couple years, and I believe I actually left before it broke apart.
But, one member took it upon himself to purchase the domain, build the discussion board and host it. It seems it was pretty costly to him, but he enjoyed it, and members would voluntarily donate money to keep the dream alive.

All that being said, you'll probably need to find someone that can devote quite a bit of time into getting it up and running, and maintaining the space.

GOOGLE+ is another alternative.
Believe me, I despise Facebook and the ONLY REASON I have an account is for video storage. I've had my account for several years and have ZERO friends! And I don't want any so called friends publicly putting all their baby momma drama and other non-sense out there. If I wanna visit with an old classmate, I'll call them up and meet for lunch/dinner! Or I'll go over to their damned house!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 AM   #34
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
ya but your not single
If I were, this would be the last place I'd bring any of that, though.
We're not THAT big an online community here. Usually a dozen or so regulars and they sort of come and go.
IF there were a "dating" aspect of the site, I'd imagine that would bring all sorts of the wrong kind of traffic to the site, imo.
With a community as small and personal as our is, wouldn't it suffice to simply get to know the other members and hit anyone up you like via pm?

We should be having more gatherings, bbq's, get-togethers, hootenaneys, and hoedowns... Maybe some of you single folks could make some real world connections and get some buses a-rockin!?!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #35
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
ya but your not single
Old 10-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #36
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Buses have lonely beds too...
And winter's comin'

Just sayin

Edit:
And I like to take short walks on the beach... We just ain't got no beaches in Oklahoma
Old 10-17-2016, 08:31 AM   #37
Bus Crazy

Quote:
We're not THAT big an online community here. Usually a dozen or so regulars and they sort of come and go.
IF there were a "dating" aspect of the site, I'd imagine that would bring all sorts of the wrong kind of traffic to the site, imo.
With a community as small and personal as our is, wouldn't it suffice to simply get to know the other members and hit anyone up you like via pm?

We should be having more gatherings, bbq's, get-togethers, hootenaneys, and hoedowns... Maybe some of you single folks could make some real world connections and get some buses a-rockin!?!
I couldn't agree more, but I don't think she's talking about turning this forum into a dating site... I think it's more like opening the door to another location with like minded individuals. But icbw
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 AM   #38
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I couldn't agree more, but I don't think she's talking about turning this forum into a dating site... I think it's more like opening the door to another location with like minded individuals. But icbw
AHHhhh, ok... I see. I thought we were talking about having a "singles" section of the forum.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #39
Bus Crazy

Quote:
AHHhhh, ok... I see. I thought we were talking about having a "singles" section of the forum.
I kinda think she implied that in the beginning and kinda sorta realized it wouldn't be feasible within this domain and is now searching for options.

But, my eyes could also be brown and I could be standing out in left field too
Old 10-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #40
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1983
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 20 something
we attempted to start a similar singles section with the van dwellers groups i'm in. the problem we ran into is like bus dwellers we are a very small, spread out community. among that small number of people is an even smaller number of singles. when you factor in all the different "flavors" there aren't too many to choose from and you probably already knew everyone of them and their flavor of choice from the forum. the singles I know that live mobile tend to meet their significant other at events like rubbertramp rendezvous.
Closed Thread