Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2022, 03:19 PM   #1

'Wanted' ads not allowed?

I posted a wanted ad in the classifieds a few minutes ago because I've been having a heck of a time trying to find another short bus in my part of the country. It was deleted within minutes of me posting it.

What gives? Are wanted ads not allowed? I'm just trying to hopefully find another bus. If I'm not allowed to do that here, then why bother having a classifieds section?

ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
That's weird, wanted ads similar to yours are not uncommon here. There are a lot of spammers amongst us... maybe your ad was somehow mistaken for spam??

For the record, I saw it before it was taken down and it looked like a normal wanted ad to my eyes. I appreciated your helpful picture of South Dakota to show us your search area
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 03:46 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
I'd say being a new member has something to do with it. Might not have been an actual mod that pruned it, but some sort of automated feature of the forum. Might have to post 5 or so times before you gain privileges in the classifieds.

Just my WAG.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Facebook marketplace is the place to go for classifieds. PC will let you filter to 500 miles of a zip. Phone app will only let you do 100miles. I would tread carefully blindly following advice in their groups (about buses). Also, Odds are against you finding the "perfect bus" in your area. For a potential deal (with high risk), you want an auction bus. Otherwise, i would be very picky, even if that means walking away from a bus you traveled to see.

This site is pretty great for advice on repairing/ searching/ building buses, but its not the best for buying or selling whole busses in my opinion.
fo4imtippin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 04:24 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
It might be because you only have three posts with the ad being one, this being a second.
Don't know but it might be.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:26 PM   #6

Thank you all for the responses. I didn't see anything in that post that would've violated the classified rules, so I remain a little confused.

I've been on this forum since about 2008, but deleted my original account after selling my first skoolie and then made this one not quite 8 years ago.

As for the short bus fiasco, I have chatted with local bus dealers, I keep an eye on Marketplace/CL/govt auctions, and I've spread some word-of-mouth to friends in the bus industry. Seems to be pretty slim pickins' around western South Dakota so that's why I thought it wouldn't hurt to make a post in the classifieds here. Maybe I'll try again later, hopefully it won't get deleted again.

Thanks, all.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:06 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1939
Coachwork: Union City?
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 95hp Flathead
There's a shuttle bus at auction in Belle Fourche today.
https://americanagva.dvauction.com/events/137327
2003 Ford E450 17 passenger van, handicap access, 135,500 miles, 7.3 diesel, auto, new starter, new battery, well maintained.
SDJunkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 08:32 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I just looked at that post.. its still there.. unless you made a new wanted ad..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 10:49 AM   #9

I'm kind of a stickler for a 4-window due to some off-street parking issues, but thank you for the info and link, SDJunkMan. ��

I just seen that too, cadillackid. That post was MIA for quite a while and now it's back. Strange!
Old 04-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: El Dorado Fiberglass
Chassis: Ford E450
Engine: V10 Gas
Bar None Auction in Sacramento has a bazillion shuttle buses going on the block this weekend (4/9). Google search their website and look for the monthly public auction in Sacramento.

I'm completely unaffiliated.

They have them listed under 'European Trucks-Bus-MiniBus'. There are 24 of them, though a few might be nonoperational.

These guys are about twenty minutes from my house. I won't be able to help anyone go through them and select one but if someone gets excited about a bus and wants feet on the ground to check a specific bus out reach out to me privately. No promises but quite a few late model shuttles all in one place to look at.
Rucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:40 PM   #11
Site Team

Generally the issue is a link included in a post by a new member. The site has some basic spam abatement tools in place and posts by low post count members that include links often trigger a filter that removes the post.