RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #21
Bus Geek
 
lapeer20m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: near flint michigan
Posts: 2,653
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

I think arky/whodat forgot to take his lithium. I shouldn't stoop so low as to argue with a crazy man, but i'm feeling frisky this morning. The sad thing is that I think arky (whodat) actually believes the things he posts. Would any rational person really believe that 90 percent of us were only able to build our buses because of his glorious website? I use the web to showcase my ideas and the crazy contraptions i build much more than i utilize the web to come up with the ideas that make those things possible. The average skoolie owner doesn't need step by step instructions from your or any website to build their skoolie. All of us have a question occasionally, and that's when it's most beneficial to have this excellent pool of talented resourceful people at your disposal. There are great people here as well as on your site. Not everyone on your site is crazy, just the guy in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
arkie ALWAYS explains ON THE BOARD why he bans someone when he does. he calls it "continueing education" so that the membership can't be CONNED by TROLLS into leaving.
i thought you said earlier that all of the posts on your whacked out site had 100% skoolie related material. Now you say that you explain on the board why you banned everyone....which must be at last 100 posts, you've banned a lot of people. Creating posts about the people you banned doesn't seem related to converting buses. That sort of logic and contradiction mustbe what makes you the LEDR of the BEST GRaTEST SCOLIY sITE on the InTRNat.


Quote:
by the way.... you have to register HERE to post too.
key difference is that anybody can read the posts on skoolie.net without having to register. You can't even read the posts on your lame web site without becoming a member.
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)
lapeer20m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #22
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Yeah it's hard to reason with a complete moron like Arky. He says all one has to do is click his screen name to get "the whole story" Please do, you will see he only posts on here to spam skoolie.net with links to his yahoo group, which keep in mind you have to register to even READ.

Arky writes: ooooops! guess you forgot about this one.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sch ... sage/174949

Oh wait, I have to register to even READ that post... Wow I wonder why the yahoo group you babysit has more members???

He counterdicts himself so many times it's flat out laughable.

Thanks for the good laughs arky. Funny you say you delete posts and ban members for trolling and spaming your site, yet that's exactly what you do here. You have never made a single post to "contribute" on here all one has to do is click your screen name to see that.

AND I DOUBLE DARE THEM TOO!!!!!! hahahaahaha
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #23
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 472
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Said it before and I'll say it again. Never registered on the "other sites". I like to read what I'm getting on to first before doing a registration. I've done that in the past to see on other related sites and come to realize they are not very good. I won't claim one is better than the other but I will say which one is more inviting and that is this one.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #24
Bus Crazy
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 1,838
Send a message via AIM to Steve
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie
if you mean me.... i was banned from here under another ID when i spoke up the first time.
I would not have banned you for that, but I would have banned you for spamming. That is posting links all over the place without any context or content (which you have done) or for private messaging everyone who joins this site with spam (which you have done).

Oh and by the way, this is the only skoolie website as far as I know. You don't even have a site, you have a yahoo group.
__________________
View my 1972 Ward: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1986 Blue Bird: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1960 GMC: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #25
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

wow arky you must be right... No one has disagreed with you at all...

hahahahahhaa
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #26
Bus Crazy
 
timbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver island bc
Posts: 1,028
Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

i do not like people who post here and tell skoolie members they are stupid and tell them to shut up the best thing i saw was that whodat said he will not post here no more that would be nice since i feel that whodat has contributed nuthin here and i dont think we need this kind of nut. not sure why someone like that would post here when he can post over at the nuts...very sad display of busmanship
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #27
Bus Geek
 
the_experience03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint James, MN
Posts: 2,669
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Haha...speaking of trolling...
__________________
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/...09f20d39_m.jpg
Skooling it...one state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 32
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

phillbus i ain't gonna respond to you. it's like shooting fish in a barrel and i don't want to embarass you anymore.
funny thing though. the only time i tried to contribute here, on solar systems, the thread was hijacked into a AL GORE invented the internet arguement ( which i never participated in ) just like a previous posting here and steve deleted it. but hey not only does no one get banned here ( steve already admitted they do ) but no threads get deleted either. you guys are so full of BS..... but then again THATS WHY you ain't in schoolbusconversionuts. cause BS don't fly there.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #29
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 32
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

TIMBUK i'll explain it to you. the reason i am posting here is because certain people are LIEING which misleads newbies into thinking that they know from wence they speak. that causes them to copy thier shoddy, even unsafe, designs which leads to skoolies that are sub-standard. thats the reason that before schoolbusconversionuts you couldn't get insurance, no one would let you in a campground and you couldn't re-sell your skoolies. dipshit design. politicaly correctness that precludes anyone saying thats STUPID! ( like your roof raising experts. one fool does it like a monkey and monkey see monkey do ) someone said that everyone on nuts ain't crazy just the leader ( actually theres TWO owners ). here it's the other way around.... the leaders are very schrewd but most of the "experts" are STUPID! and no one has the backbone to say so because all is sweetness and light irregardless of the consequences.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #30
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
phillbus i ain't gonna respond to you. it's like shooting fish in a barrel and i don't want to embarass you anymore.
Embarrass me??? hahhahhaaha yeah ok, you keep thinking that.. You have done nothing so far but prove what a moron you are. You'll be doing yourself a favor by not posting any further.. Each time you post you just show everyone more of what a wackjob you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
funny thing though. the only time i tried to contribute here, on solar systems, the thread was hijacked into a AL GORE invented the internet arguement ( which i never participated in ) just like a previous posting here and steve deleted it. but hey not only does no one get banned here ( steve already admitted they do ) but no threads get deleted either. you guys are so full of BS..... but then again THATS WHY you ain't in schoolbusconversionuts. cause BS don't fly there.
Ha ha first off you began your response with "ROFLMFAO! arkie turned us on to those THREE YEARS AGO here BS LINK NO ONE CAN VIEW WITHOUT BECOMING A MEMBER.yahoo.com
if you follow out the threads on them you'll see that he explains how to move ONE WIRE.. you guys are idiots bla bla bla"

1. You didn't post to contribute - you did it to plug your... I mean.. yahoo's bus group you babysit
2. The post was deleted because it was filled with spam FROM YOU.
3. How would you even know of the post if you weren't tolling this site?

And you accuse us of trolling and sealing ideas? I bet the yahoo group is filled with info stolen from this site... I'd never know it because I only visit the best skoolie site on the net.

Gee arky don't embarrass me any further. hahahhaha
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
Bus Geek
 
the_experience03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint James, MN
Posts: 2,669
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

For the record, that Al Gore thread didn't technically get deleted...
__________________
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/...09f20d39_m.jpg
Skooling it...one state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #32
Bus Nut
 
bus-bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Whidbey Island, WA.
Posts: 993
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Oh gawd, we're Skoolies here. Learning as we do, learn by doing. The only hiearchy is pictures of yer bus, and I ain't posted no pictures.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #33
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 472
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
TIMBUK i'll explain it to you. the reason i am posting here is because certain people are LIEING which misleads newbies into thinking that they know from wence they speak. that causes them to copy thier shoddy, even unsafe, designs which leads to skoolies that are sub-standard. thats the reason that before schoolbusconversionuts you couldn't get insurance, no one would let you in a campground and you couldn't re-sell your skoolies. dipshit design. politicaly correctness that precludes anyone saying thats STUPID!
I'll take a stab at this one,
People did conversions long before yahoo ever existed and those people were able to get insurance and also did use campgrounds just like the sticksNstaple rigs. You don't have that far to look back either since yahoo was started in the mid 90's.

As for roof raising the big rv conversion company's have been doing that for years and I don't think they have done some of them as good as the very few here that have done it. Someone has to be the first to try it and figure out the dos and don'ts.

phillbus914 has nothing to be embarrassed about from what I see.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #34
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Haha I think it's funny. Talk about shootin fish in a barrel...

I'm with Lapeer, I think he actually believes the crap he writes. He's so full of himself it's hilarious.

That was nice of him to say he's gunna lay off me though, he was really making some good points there... hahahahaha
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #35
Bus Nut
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Off-Grid
Posts: 740
Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

AW-w-w-w. . .sorry fellas, I tried to stay out of this due to what happened last time, but I can't contain it any longer. In the interest of truth in advertising I offer the following. . .

Sherman, set the "Wayback Machine" to 1996, please. . .(Okay, Mr. Peabody). . . :

Ladies and Gentlemen;

in the red corner, wearing the red shorts (and face to match), I present: The 'nUts:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://gro ... versionuts

in the bliue corner, wearing the blue shorts (and white hat), I present: The 'nEts:
http://web.archive.org/web/*sa_/http://www.skoolie.net

OK, obviously the "Wayback Machine" does not contain complete data, especially for one of the sites. So-o-o, let's go with what we can prove statistically starting with the first matching month of the "Wayback Machine": Hm-m-m, can't use that method, one site is public (with data), one is private (therefore NO useable data other than it hasn't been updated for a while). . .so for the sake of this comparison, we will just start at December 2003 since both sites show up there, and go to today as of 10-08-08 1730 hours EST for the "tale of the tape":

Total posts: 'nUts = 19667
Total posts: 'nEts = 27972

Total members: 'nUts = 3271
Total members: 'nEts = 1573

Avg. post per member: 'nUts = 6.01
Avg. post per member: 'nEts = 17.78

Which really only shows that how many members have joined since December, 2003 doesn't really account for squat. . .what counts is participation!

What the numbers show me is that one site, with half the membership of the other, has nearly 3 times the participation of the other.

The math speaks for itself, I won't postulate as to why one site has more activity than the other. (The stats show the 'nEts win!. . .by TKO if nothing else. . .)

(*Judges, scorecards, please?*)

Respecfully Submitted,

Griff

p.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
. . .so that newbies know where the REAL skoolies are so they can build the best conversions they can with help from schoolbusconversionuts ( like 90% of YOU have done )
I'm delighted to know that I have achieved yet another coveted 10%'er title in yet another field!

p.p.s. Initial research does not indicate that Al Gore invented skoolies, or has converted a school bus for recreational use. . . ;)
__________________
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #36
Bus Geek
 
the_experience03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint James, MN
Posts: 2,669
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Why is this moron being allowed to stay here & post?
Because despite Arky's best efforts, Steve will only ban him for breaking the rules, not for being an asshat, just as this group has always been for every member.
__________________
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3024/...09f20d39_m.jpg
Skooling it...one state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #37
Bus Nut
 
Roasting8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 382
Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Wow, I never thought I'd get this much action from a post
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #38
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 32
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

good point griff thanks for pointing out that at nuts we discourage people SHOOTING OFF THIER MOUTHS about anything and NOTHING. we also encourage our members to use our extensive library ( you guys need to get on the stick and steal more of our library, yours is pathetic ) INSTEAD of just getting on an asking the same old questions OVER AND OVER when they have been discussed extensively in the past. so what you see as something GOOD when there's a lot of postings per member others see as a pain in the ass getting all those useless messages in thier mailbox. our members USE our group. most of our mesages are ON SUBJECT. yours basicly just run thier mouths.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #39
Bus Nut
 
SeanF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 524
Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

__________________
Bus conversion/info here
SeanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #40
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

So.. Busnuts is better because some lunitic deletes a bunch of posts? Yeah sure wish that was the case here...

Once again Arky has embarrassed us all.

I like how he completely ignores the fact that in order to even read a post on the yahoo group you have to become a member. When someone proves you're wrong just ignore it arky... well I guess that's all you can do here, since you can't just delete every post you don't like.
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It finally happened........ lornaschinske Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 1 12-29-2010 08:11 PM
That Just Happened Abbott Conversion General Discussions 1 08-05-2008 06:47 PM
What Happened? oldog12 Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box 9 03-13-2008 10:23 AM
hey what happened? phillbus914 Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box 8 08-20-2007 10:18 PM
What happened???? capttrips25 Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 1 12-22-2004 10:36 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×