Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
good point griff thanks for pointing out that at nuts we discourage people SHOOTING OFF THIER MOUTHS about anything and NOTHING. we also encourage our members to use our extensive library ( you guys need to get on the stick and steal more of our library, yours is pathetic ) INSTEAD of just getting on an asking the same old questions OVER AND OVER when they have been discussed extensively in the past. so what you see as something GOOD when there's a lot of postings per member others see as a pain in the ass getting all those useless messages in thier mailbox. our members USE our group. most of our mesages are ON SUBJECT. yours basicly just run thier mouths.
Actually, I've gotten more information off of this group than the nuts site. This site might not have an extensive library, but I can easily search for the information that I may need (the search here is much easier to use than the search engine on Yahoo).

ON this forum the owner participates in a POSITIVE MANNER and he always looks for ways to improve the site. When was the last time that nuts has changed? Now, you may say that you can't improve on perfection, but I really find nuts dated and difficult to use. Hey, maybe thats why it needs such an extensive library.

Whodat, Arky may be well meaning, but by inhibiting the free flow of ideas, he's also hindering creativity. The only information that goes on the nuts site is what Arky thinks is right. I do admit, Arky is very intelligent, but he is not all knowing, no one is.

Here, on the other hand, the information is free flowing. Any information that is not correct is soon weeded out (y other members. The good ideas are discussed and used. Can you say the same about nuts?

Frankly, I"m very happy with this group and I'll stay here for as long as they let me. As far as schoolbusconversionnuts is concerned I have removed myself from the group and I have no regrets.

Now Whodat, are you willing to do the same and remove yourself from this group? You don't seem to be very happy with this group and it seems that this group has nothing to offer you so put your money where your mouth is and resign from Skoolie.net, I dare you.

BTW, as you noticed whodat, even though your comments are in contrast to what this group stands for, unlike nuts group, you have not been barred by any of the moderators or the owner.

Robert

Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

ok phillbus i'll do you again. when are you going to quit whining about having to join nuts to read posts? you're too frikken STUPID to understand even after many explanations that is to stop BOTS from spamming members. maybe you don't know what a BOT is..... a BOT is short for ROBOT.... it's SOFTWARE that MINES forums for email addresses. a BOT cannot see the secret joinup number/letter sequence that you have to fill in to activate your membership ( just like on this group) but that doesn't preclude SPAMMERS who are actual people who do the same thing. THATS why arkie keeps the membership list private so that SPAMMERS can't do the same thing.... NOW DO YOU GET IT? probably not!
arkie doesn't STIFLE IDEAS we ALL critique them. theres never been an instance of anyone being STIFFLED. advised yes, critiqued yes. because we try to maintain a higher standard of skoolie design than goes here. where anything goes no matter how unsafe or harmful to the skoolie movement or how mis-leading to newbies it is.
and roasting8...... gee you quit nuts today after 4 YEARS ( and 48 postings ) as a member. why didn't you quit long ago? i'll venture why..... you joined nuts when you got you bus and now that it's done you don't need nuts anymore. welcome to the chickenshit club ( not skoolienet, the chickenshit club are people who we help build thier skoolies then stab us in the back.....THATS the chickenshit club) i read your posts here until i got bored. you never contributed a single bit of help either place. just take take take and shoot your mouth off about nothing. oh and one more thing you're wrong about.... BEN was NEVER co-owner of nuts.
see folks..... thats ALL you'll EVER GET HERE! BULLSHIT!
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

oh and if you haven't realised it youselves ( some of you need a little help ) roasting8 is just another example of proof that that some of these guys are liying to you. he's been a posting member of both nuts and net for four years and hasn't been banned by arkie. so i guess that shoots the lie, about arkie banning people from nuts that post here, in the ass huh? personally when i realise that anyone is a lier i don't beleive ANYTHING they say EVER again. ditto for design advice. when i realise someones designs are STUPID i definitely don't regard what they say anymore.
but then i'm a pragmatist
Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Quote:
ok phillbus i'll do you again. when are you going to quit whining about having to join nuts to read posts? you're too frikken STUPID to understand even after many explanations that is to stop BOTS from spamming members. maybe you don't know what a BOT is..... a BOT is short for ROBOT.... it's SOFTWARE that MINES forums for email addresses. a BOT cannot see the secret joinup number/letter sequence that you have to fill in to activate your membership ( just like on this group) but that doesn't preclude SPAMMERS who are actual people who do the same thing. THATS why arkie keeps the membership list private so that SPAMMERS can't do the same thing.... NOW DO YOU GET IT? probably not!
ok whodat(oh yeah it's arky) I agree that requiring someone to register will prevent bots and spam (which one are you?) but it also artificially inflates the number of members - something you constantly brag about. Everyone knows it'll cut down on spam, like you're some genius figuring that one out. HEY ARKY DO YOU GET IT NOW, YOU HAVE SO MANY MEMBERS BECAUSE EVERYONE WHO COMES ALONG TO EVEN READ A POST MUST REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER FIRST. DO YOU GET IT NOW???? PROBABLY NOT. My god, I know 3 year olds that understand better than you do.

Wow am I embarrassed, you really got me good arky...er.. I mean "whodat" I really can't take much more embarrassment, please hold back.

Isn't it ironic that this very same post on nuts would have been deleted long ago? Along with anything else arky doesn't agree with.

Wow guys I'm convinced, yahoo's skoolie group is way better than skoolie.net
Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Quote:
arkie doesn't STIFLE IDEAS we ALL critique them. theres never been an instance of anyone being STIFFLED. advised yes, critiqued yes. because we try to maintain a higher standard of skoolie design than goes here. where anything goes no matter how unsafe or harmful to the skoolie movement or how mis-leading to newbies it is.
and roasting8...... gee you quit nuts today after 4 YEARS ( and 48 postings ) as a member. why didn't you quit long ago? i'll venture why..... you joined nuts when you got you bus and now that it's done you don't need nuts anymore. welcome to the chickenshit club ( not skoolienet, the chickenshit club are people who we help build thier skoolies then stab us in the back.....THATS the chickenshit club) i read your posts here until i got bored. you never contributed a single bit of help either place. just take take take and shoot your mouth off about nothing. oh and one more thing you're wrong about.... BEN was NEVER co-owner of nuts.
see folks..... thats ALL you'll EVER GET HERE! BULLSHIT!
LOL, I noticed you didn't take my dare arky.

You said that you don't ban anyone, well, what happened to Bill (timeguy) http://www.timeguy.com/bill/01205761106? He seems to critizied your ideas and all that you did was banned him. If you don't believe me, just read his site particularly "Oh NOES! BANNINATION! 5/21/08." What was it, he got under your hair? He isn't the only one that has had problems there have been others.

Now arky, who's the one that's lying?

Now, for why I only posted 48 postings in the four years that I was in nuts. I once posted and I was censored, my post was removed by one of the moderators, one of the elitists. As you noticed, I haven't posted since.

As far as running after completing my bus (you know as well as I do, your bus is never complete); why am I still posting here?

BTW, as you have noticed, I really don't have to scream to get my point across.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #46
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanF

Hey Sean, where did you get that ICON?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #47
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
Quote:

I'm not sure, but I would guess http://seanf.smugmug.com/photos/3898967 ... Y-Ti-0.jpg
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

i didn't say that arkie never bans anyone ( please QUOTE where i said that ). what i said and what you didn't respond to was that the LIE earlier in this thread by genius phillbus that arkie bans anyone who posts here was proven as a lie by YOUR CASE. nor did you address the FACTS in the case about how long you were a member etc. you just blow smoke but that does go hand in hand with hot air ( you must be a democrat ) quite the contrary i tried to explain that he bans the Aholes, BS artists, motormouths and idiots.thats why skoolie net is a valuable asset to the skoolie movement. it gives you all a place to be. like the funny farm. i am just here to let newbies know to BEWARE. because you LIE! not EVERYONE HERE! just a handful. but that handful are the most vociferous and who make the majority of the posts here. great entertainment but before you do ANYTHING to your skoolie better run it past schoolbusconversionuts first. because only a handful of guys here know squat ( the silent minority ) about what they're doing and they are also on nuts. we don't want your tripe on nuts. just your TECHNICAL QUESTIONS or innovations. save the tripe for here.

ps. funny how you can read bananation two ways.taken at face value it implies that bill was posting some same ole googled cut and paste crapola. funny he didn't put what HE SAID that arkie was responding too so we could read it all in context huh. or maybe it was the same reason phillbus got banned.... he only had everyone else in his links except nuts while enjoying nuts hospitality.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

phillbus you're a gas ya know...... so i guess you mean that no one unsubscribes? just because YOU never thought of it doesn't mean others don't think either. we have between 50 and 100 different individuals post every month. we've had nearly as many people quit as we have members. last year arkie changed everyones email settings to RECEIVE EACH MESSAGE to weed out the casual members . only 80 quit. everyone else RESET to thier preferences. yahoo cleaned out ALL bouncing members. we lost NONE. but hey who's counting. you think everyone has your malfunctioning logic. you're a fool who knows not from wence they speak. just like the beginning of this thread. someone had to explain to you who they were talking about..... just like the thread that got deleted where you posted the stats from some other skoolie group saying it was nuts and quoting them to prove how nuts was going under. you're a fool. pure and SIMPLE. and i emphasize SIMPLE!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
Quote:

I'm not sure, but I would guess http://seanf.smugmug.com/photos/3898967 ... Y-Ti-0.jpg
Thanks, I'll have to check that out.

Robert
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
phillbus you're a gas ya know...... so i guess you mean that no one unsubscribes? just because YOU never thought of it doesn't mean others don't think either.
Yeah I bet after registering and casually reading a few posts EVERYONE takes the time to remove themselves.

Quote:
last year arkie changed everyones email settings to RECEIVE EACH MESSAGE to weed out the casual members
Oh that's cool, wish steve would tamper with my settings... that'd be nice.

Quote:
someone had to explain to you who they were talking about..... just like the thread that got deleted where you posted the stats from some other skoolie group saying it was nuts and quoting them to prove how nuts was going under.
Yeah what an idiot I am (wow I'm embarrassed now) I didn't know that more than one Yahoo skoolie group existed... that's probably because I find all I need right here at Skoolie.net and don't visit the laughable yahoo skoolie groups.

As far as the last thread when that happened, someone (you) had to explain who CLEMENT was... probably because you're so stupid you jumbled the entire post into one paragraph. One second you're wining about me and next sentence you're talking about someone else. Here see for yourself:

Quote:
ya philbus you're another one. you got banned for the same reason. too frikken stupid to live. what group are you talking about DUUUUUUH! since you brought it up. heres nuts stats. we average 75 different individuals posting monthly. currently 2858 members. so again since you want to compare. compare that to this pitiful tribe. see you're a perfect example of what i mean. you don't have a CLUE about reality. put you sure don't spare the hot air. (chart here) and before you chime in clement.....
Since no one by that screen name had posted anything on that thread, of course I thought it was about me. here's the link to that post if you'd like to check viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2425&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Quote:
you're a fool. pure and SIMPLE. and i emphasize SIMPLE!
Yeah I'm the simple one... you dance around the reason why nuts has so many members like you think the rest of us are as stupid as you are. And your response to that is casual members remove themselves after reading a few posts?? You actually believe that? I don't buy it for a second. I bet less than 1 in 10 remove themselves after registering just to read a few posts.

Funny it never seems to cross your mind that you're completely wrong even when no one agrees with you. Yeah you're right and everyone else is wrong...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #52
Bus Geek

don't you get it phillbus? Arky is the only normal one, and the rest of the world is completely insane! DUH! If only you weren't so simple you would understand that!
Old 10-10-2008, 01:36 AM   #53
Bus Nut

Quote:
i didn't say that arkie never bans anyone ( please QUOTE where i said that ). what i said and what you didn't respond to was that the LIE earlier in this thread by genius phillbus that arkie bans anyone who posts here was proven as a lie by YOUR CASE. nor did you address the FACTS in the case about how long you were a member etc. you just blow smoke but that does go hand in hand with hot air ( you must be a democrat ) quite the contrary i tried to explain that he bans the Aholes, BS artists, motormouths and idiots.thats why skoolie net is a valuable asset to the skoolie movement. it gives you all a place to be. like the funny farm. i am just here to let newbies know to BEWARE. because you LIE! not EVERYONE HERE! just a handful. but that handful are the most vociferous and who make the majority of the posts here. great entertainment but before you do ANYTHING to your skoolie better run it past schoolbusconversionuts first. because only a handful of guys here know squat ( the silent minority ) about what they're doing and they are also on nuts. we don't want your tripe on nuts. just your TECHNICAL QUESTIONS or innovations. save the tripe for here.

ps. funny how you can read bananation two ways.taken at face value it implies that bill was posting some same ole googled cut and paste crapola. funny he didn't put what HE SAID that arkie was responding too so we could read it all in context huh. or maybe it was the same reason phillbus got banned.... he only had everyone else in his links except nuts while enjoying nuts hospitality.

Before I start; I am a Reagan Republican. I do believe that the market and the people take care of themselves. I've noticed that you're the one that tries to control the show. Arky, do you conduct yourself in the same way during a gathering? Are you the bully of the tribe?

Anyway, this seems to be a waste of my time. I have better things to do than to argue with a self-righteous elitist that thinks he knows more than anyone else.

Bye Arky.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #54
Bus Crazy

Quote:
ATTN: NEWBIES do yourself a favor and read all my postings here for a more detailed explanation of whats what.
No.

Quote:
last year arkie changed everyones email settings to RECEIVE EACH MESSAGE to weed out the casual members . only 80 quit. everyone else RESET to thier preferences.
I get a couple hundred emails per day between work and home. Anyone who would mess with my personal preference settings to force me to receive more mail than I want to IS a SPAMMER. I would quit the group, too. Life's too short to keep resetting my preferences to satisfy someone else's goals, however worthwhile those goals may seem to them.

(Assume RONCO announcer's voice But wait, there's MORE! I don't HAVE to quit! I NEVER JOINED!

I won't even use my 'professional' Yahoo! account for worthwhile groups like freecycle.org, because you can't view messages on Yahoo! without joining a group.

I had "read the mail" here on Skoolie.net for several weeks before signing up. The tag line in someone's signature encouraged me to register, just as Elliot's signature encourages one to list their general location.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #55
Bus Nut

Quote:
funny he didn't put what HE SAID that arkie was responding too so we could read it all in context huh. or maybe it was the same reason phillbus got banned.... he only had everyone else in his links except nuts while enjoying nuts hospitality.
yeah MAYBE that's the reason.. I wouldn't know... even though you claim to send out several warnings before you ban anyone (riiiight) I don't even remember posting a single post on busnuts (shows what an awesome site that is, not to mention I found nuts a long time before I found skoolie) a few posts ago you tried to post a link where I had, but of course I'd have to re-register to even read it. A fellow member who hasn't been banned yet copied and pasted the post I made, and all it said was what rear end I had in my bus... I still don't see why I was banned... I firmly believe it's because I'm a member here.

Like I've said before, it took me over a year to even realize I'd been banned. Shows ya how often real skoolie owners visit your site. I bet over 90% of the traffic you see over there are people who sign up just to read posts. What a joke of a yahoo group.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 AM   #56
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Quote:
but that doesn't preclude SPAMMERS who are actual people who do the same thing. THATS why arkie keeps the membership list private so that SPAMMERS can't do the same thing.... NOW DO YOU GET IT? probably not!
Which is exactly what you were doing on this site with the account you are using right now. You signed up and started spamming our members about the Nuts site.

If you really wanted to help people why not put a link to this site in your links section?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #57
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Oh and by the way, this is the only skoolie website as far as I know. You don't even have a site, you have a yahoo group.
Hehehe.....

You're right. Yahoo Groups aren't real sites.

I've done a lot of reading on the net over the past year about skoolies. I've searched far and wide and particularly enjoy finding individual sites about specific conversions. As far as active forums where you can read and browse there are no other sites that compare to this one. I've visited and read here off and on for a year now. I joined when I finally bought a bus.
In my various internet travels I'd occasionally stumble upon links to the "biggest and best" skoolie site on the net and excitedly click the link only to be taken back to that yahoo group that disappointed me the first time I went there. Which brings me back to my first thought. Yahoo Groups can't compare with a real forum.

-Ray
Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #58
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

here here Ray! well said fellow busman
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #59
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy67
I'm a relative newbie. I probably shouldn't resurrect this thread but I gotta say my peace!

When I got serious about converting a bus............
Hi Van Guy, I completely agree with you about arky's group, but the group I was referring to is the other Skoolie site. At the time I wrote the post was when the Skoolieconversions group was going through a dry spell (just like it's going through one now) and I thought that the group was dying. After the post, the site picked up again and looks like it's doing ok.

I was asking because there are many on this forum that are part of the Skoolieconversions group.

Sorry about the confusion guys.

Robert
Old 01-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #60
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1959
Coachwork: superior
Chassis: international
Engine: 468 c.i. BBchevy
Rated Cap: 66

Ditto! vanguy67. I made one post there and got berated by Arkie for not putting up links. I looked at his bus and am not impressed. And that Archumbutt guy said the paint I used would cost $6000.00. I had put in my post how much I had spent, $600.00. For 6k I could have knocked back a few cold ones and watched the people I hired do all the labor. Talk about a troll. Not only am I new to this forum I am new to any forum. However I cannot imagine a place where people from around North America and even overseas with varied backgrounds, ideas, opinions and buses coming together and talking about something that is usually more than a hobby and doing it in a friendly and respectful manner even when they disagree. Long live Skoolie net.
Navistate is offline   Reply With Quote