Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what happened to SkoolieConversions on yahoo? I haven't seen a post for the last 16 days. Did everyone give up on that group?

Robert

Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

HAHHAHHAHAAHAA

You must be mastakn', the "Mother of the SKOOLIE movement and ALL SKOOLIE groups. The ORIGINAL, LARGEST, most active and BEST" couldn't possibly have no posts for 16 days.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

...the best and only and the origional and.....blabla look at the membership numbers here...there all here! timbuk
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Naaa, I'm talking about the other yahoo group, not the "MOTHER OF ALL SKOOLIE GROUPS"

Arkie's group looks like it's getting some action, it's Ben's off-shoot that I'm wondering about.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
Naaa, I'm talking about the other yahoo group, not the "MOTHER OF ALL SKOOLIE GROUPS"

Arkie's group looks like it's getting some action, it's Ben's off-shoot that I'm wondering about.
Thanks for clarifying, I don't visit the "MotHEr of ALl SkOOLIe" site and would have never known. I've been banned for trying (foolishly) to belong to that group while being a member here.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8

Thank for clarifying, I don't visit the "MotHEr of ALl SkOOLIe" site and would have never known. I've been banned for trying (foolishly) to belong to that group while being a member here.
Don't worry Phil, I don't go to that forum either. Just couldn't handle the rejection (a few of my postings got deleted).

Anyways, who needs them. I'm extremely satisfied and content with this forum.

(BTW) I liked Ben (RIP), he was a really nice guy. Got to talk to him on a couple of occasions and he was always helpful. I just couldn't see how he got tied up with arky.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Ben? RIP? did I miss something?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Ben Rosander, former owner of RVBusConversions.com (which sold books about bus conversions), past away a while back of cancer. He was also the co-owner of the "MOTHER OF ALL SKOOLIE SITES".

He started SkoolieConversions after having a big fight with arky, over his attitude.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillbus914
Ben? RIP? did I miss something?
Here is the topic about it from last March.

Ben Rosandar has passed. : http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1985
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

ROFLMFAO!
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

still living the big lie eh guys. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts has MORE THAN TWICE as many members as this group. and they never stole any by using bens ripped off membership list which is private like you did. arkie WORKED for every one of them. so much for that lie. and philbus you were banned because you so frikken STUPID! just like you proved in the thread steve deleted and again now. you don't have a clue do you? so much for that lie. EVERTHING on this group or any other skoolie group comes from nuts. all anyone has to do is LOOK and see that it's posted THERE FIRST then shows up when all the rip off artists post it other places. so much for THAT LIE. and BEN never had a falling out with arkie. he slam out stabbed arkie in the back and RIPPED nuts off. simple as that. he praised arkies leadership two days before he ripped off the group ( he was a trusted modertor ) when he knew arkie was going to be offline for a couple days due to surgery. he did so because he was conned by this guy http://bus.getdave.com/Bus-Conversions-Magazine/ who promised him a regular editorial on skoolies where he could sell his books ( arkie limited him to his sales schpeel once a week ) and he was beseiged by a few mouthy bitches ( who are no longer even skoolies ) who arkie wouldn't let clutter up our board with thier off subject chat ( the ruination of many a yahoo group ). furthermore arkie initially supported his group ( just like he did skoolie net ) until ben banned him. even though he had a gentlemans agreement with ben that they wouldn't ban each other. but ben banned him ( even though he didn't make a single posting ) after ben ripped off everything he could and foul up everything he could on nuts. and finally we still have twice as many ON SUBJECT ONLY postings as skoolie net and we don't even have a everything else thread. so much for THAT LIE! and as far as deleted postings.... how many have been deleted from HERE? the reason no ones posting on that group is because MOST people have consciences ( unlike you ) and don't want to support a ripoff group that is run by IT TROLLS and just steals everything from nuts anyways. the large majority of REAL SKOOLIES only post to nuts. and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT!
THATS THE TRUTH!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

the TRUTH IS that when ben ripped off nuts they had 1500 members. skoolienet had 500... nuts and net had mutual links and a friendly relationship. within a week of ben ripping off nuts private membership list ( kept private to protect members from spam bots and trolls ) net dropped nuts link and replaced it with bens group. by a week later net had DOUBLED it's membership. 2+2=4 anyway you look at it. and since that time net has barely gained 500 new members ( even though it comes up first in google search for skoolie ) and skoolieconversions hasn't gained 300, while nuts has gained MORE than 1600 new members. HOW CAN THAT BE? if nuts is not the BEST SKOOLIE GROUP on the net. i'll tell you why. TRUTH WILL OUT! and most people have discernment.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

I'm here
A) so that the TRUTH be known
b) so that newbies know where the REAL skoolies are so they can build the best conversions they can with help from schoolbusconversionuts ( like 90% of YOU have done )
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
I'm here
A) so that the TRUTH be known
b) so that newbies know where the REAL skoolies are so they can build the best conversions they can with help from schoolbusconversionuts ( like 90% of YOU have done )
So Arky...how do you feel about the fact that you kicked most of us out of your group (often without cause) yet we allow you to stay here? Doesn't that go to character just a little?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #15
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
...and philbus you were banned because you so frikken STUPID! just like you proved in the thread steve deleted and again now. you don't have a clue do you? so much for that lie. EVERTHING on this group or any other skoolie group comes from nuts. all anyone has to do is LOOK and see that it's posted THERE FIRST then shows up when all the rip off artists post it other places. so much for THAT LIE.

First off ARKY.. quit playing name games, everyone knows it's you. Second if "your" site is so awesome, why do you feel the need to post on here? Wait I know.. you're just spaming us with links to your bullshit site that no one can read without becoming a member (gee wonder why there's so many members?) Funny you claim to require membership to prevent trolls, yet that's exactly what you are. And lastly, I was banned from your BS site because I'm so stupid? Wow you must be real smart to figure that out before I even made a single post on the lame ass yahoo group you babysit.

Ha ha we're rip off artist's, hahaha none of us can even view topics on the yahoo site, yet we're able to somehow to rip off ideas??? And I'm the stupid one?

I love how you go on and on about how "your" site has more members, yet you have to register to even READ a single topic on there... Google skoolie, what's the first site to come up??? I'll tell ya, it's the best skoolie site on the net. It may not have the most members, but it's the best. A great site doesn't need to play games to boost it's membership. And that's the TrUth.

New Skoolie owners, or anyone aspiring to become a skoolie owner, here's some advice. Register and post once on skoolie.net, and once on the yahoo group. Within one week you'll be banned from one of the sites... Guess which one.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

philbus you reaslly should shut up. theres an old saying " better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" this is true for you. you do realize, don't you, that all anyone has to do is click on my ID and read all my posts for the entire story. and how can you all claim that all nuts member are here? and yet claim that all of them have been banned from nuts??? can't have it both ways now can you. thats what i mean about you philbus. you have ZERO logic skills so you should just shut up.
as for bieng banned from nuts. only a HANDFULL of you have been banned. and arkie explained EXACTLY WHY to the group AND to YOU after at least TWO warnings. guess who they are folks??? the most vociferious ones here.
ya you're correct when you say that almost all your members are members of nuts. and why don't you quit your WHINING about having to join to read the archives. thats done for a REASON.... it's to keep SPAMBOTS from ruining the board as often happens. one more thing.... if you were banned from nuts back when ben ripped us off and you don't know why it's because BEN banned you NOT ARKIE. he banned nearly 200 of the most active members before he split. arkie ALWAYS explains ON THE BOARD why he bans someone when he does. he calls it "continueing education" so that the membership can't be CONNED by TROLLS into leaving. THATS just another example of why nuts is so large. it's really hard for TROLLS, SPAMMERS, BOTS and con artists to function there.by the way.... you have to register HERE to post too.
ATTN: NEWBIES do yourself a favor and read all my postings here for a more detailed explanation of whats what. like arkie says.... theres more here than meets the eye.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #17
Mini-Skoolie

[/quote] Philbus wrote: New Skoolie owners, or anyone aspiring to become a skoolie owner, here's some advice. Register and post once on skoolie.net, and once on the yahoo group. Within one week you'll be banned from one of the sites... Guess which one.[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY DO THAT! I DOUBLE DARE YOU!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #18
Mini-Skoolie

one more thing.... NO ONE has ever been banned from nuts for posting HERE! but arkie does ASK that none of his members post to the RIPOFF GROUP ( skoolieconversions ) while enjoying nuts hospitality. even so some do..... ask DOORGUY.... he's still a member of nuts while posting everywhere.... what does get you banned is making a vitriolic posting and then quiting or BAD MOUTHING arkie or nuts on other groups while enjoying the hospitalty of nuts. and i don't blame him.... do YOU? don't you think it's only fair to expect someone to NOT utilize a group while bad mouthing it elsewhere or useing it but excluding it from the links on your personal webpage while putting everyone elses links there or ripping off the info on nuts without attributing it to nuts. when arkie uses someones elses info he attributes it fairly and puts thier link in nuts links.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #19
Mini-Skoolie

The experience o3 wrote : So Arky...how do you feel about the fact that you kicked most of us out of your group (often without cause) yet we allow you to stay here? Doesn't that go to character just a little?

if you mean me.... i was banned from here under another ID when i spoke up the first time. but i guess steve realised the futility of that when i just fired up under another ID ( i have several ).... as long as you don't badmouth arkie or nuts unfairly you'll never hear from me again. it's one thing to say arkies an old fart or a bus nazi etc. which is subjective..... and another entirely to OUTRIGHT LIE! stop the LIES and you won't be bothered by me again. you can see by my postings that i tried ONCE to contribute here. but any critisism of ideas is not accepted here. on nuts thats what we're about..... DESIGN CRITIQUE! we don't just pat you on the back and say what a fine job you're doing even if you're F"ing UP something ( as i've seen many times here )
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Phillbus 914 wrote: Wow you must be real smart to figure that out before I even made a single post on the lame ass yahoo group you babysit.

ooooops! guess you forgot about this one.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sch ... sage/17949

reading it i recall that the link you posted in the message to your ( now defunct ) webpage was where you badmouthed arkie and nuts as well as linked to everyone else EXCEPT nuts. I'd ban you too!
see folks BEWARE of these guys. theres ALWAYS more to the story than they are telling you.

ps. phillbus i never made the judgement you're stupid from any postings on nuts. i came by that revelation from reading your postings HERE.