Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Lewis
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Where Do Sent Messages Show Up?

Just responded twice to a direct message and there's no record of my response. On other messages I see a little "message history" tab that shows everything, this one does not offer that.

Also - why do I get logged out of this site continuously even while active? It happens often when I'm writing a post: I hit "submit" and it says "you are not logged in."

And while I'm at it - I might as well mention that I can't log in to skoolie.net from my phone at all, because I just constantly get told that I have "too many redirects." I've cleared all my caches and to my memory haven't even gotten successfully logged in once, so how I could have too many redirects, I'm not sure.

firebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: sturdivan
Chassis: E-350
Engine: 7.3l IDI
Rated Cap: 10,000lbs
learning diesels but do know a little web stuff:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebuild View Post
Also - why do I get logged out of this site continuously even while active? It happens often when I'm writing a post: I hit "submit" and it says "you are not logged in."

And while I'm at it - I might as well mention that I can't log in to skoolie.net from my phone at all, because I just constantly get told that I have "too many redirects." I've cleared all my caches and to my memory haven't even gotten successfully logged in once, so how I could have too many redirects, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure but I noticed that then I log on there is a little check box that says, "stay logged on" or something like that. I'm guessing this website has a timeout function that could be better turned

Sorry I have no real idea about the redirects, There are html page redirects and maybe your ISP is bouncing your request through too many page redirects in an attempt to track you and your surfing habits. There is also frames and frames of frames etc that might be related.

You could try going to the library, use their systems and see if you have the same problem.
You might also try another browser, I use firefox and have never seen that kind of problem.
There might also be anti-tracking and privacy plugins on your browser that you can play with. Either enable or disable some privacy settings. Just be careful the privacy setting are there to protect you and the anti-virus setting are there to protect your system.

or you may already have a corporate virus tracking you; Installing a better browser might help in these cases.

Hope this helps. I'm interested in other ideas, maybe one of the admins can give some clues.
alpinekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Lewis
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinekid View Post
I'm not sure but I noticed that then I log on there is a little check box that says, "stay logged on" or something like that. I'm guessing this website has a timeout function that could be better turned.
Thanks, my "remember me" box has been checked since day one. But even if it weren't, that should just mean I have to re-enter my info when I return to the site, not in the middle of actually using the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinekid View Post
Sorry I have no real idea about the redirects, There are html page redirects and maybe your ISP is bouncing your request through too many page redirects in an attempt to track you and your surfing habits. There is also frames and frames of frames etc that might be related.
This happens only on my phone, so I'm not going to have the problem at the library, and ISP doesn't have anything to do with it because it happens on cellular data, my home wifi, and my hotspot, all of which are different carriers. Happens on both Safari and Chrome.

Typically in my experience (I have built some websites), this response is the result of some circular logic in which the page you redirect to contains instructions directing you back to the page you just left. I'm pretty sure this issue is not on my end, but hey, if I'm the only one having the problem, maybe it is. Can't imagine what would cause that, though. Happens whether I cruise the site and then try to log in or attempt login right off the bat.
firebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
Skoolie

Sounds like your on top of it.

Keep us informed on progress and things you have tried. It could just as easily be happening to me. I run completely on linux systems and haven't seen this issue but I'm always on the lookout.

This morning I just had the CDN go down but it came back. Does your problem seem temporary or a recent problem or has it been going on for a while?
Old 12-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebuild View Post
Just responded twice to a direct message and there's no record of my response. On other messages I see a little "message history" tab that shows everything, this one does not offer that.

I had the same question, I found the answer after much clicking Its under

control panel -> private msg -> list messages

Then select sent instead of inbox in the selection box below the colored bars.

I think it should be easier.