Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Workhorse P30 sway bar

I have a 2000 workhorse p30 shuttle bus which needs new bushings in front sway bar. If anyone here has any thoughts of where I can find them please let me know. Peace

Bleamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Parts

I'm new at this so if anyone can point me to a good parts resource I would be grateful. I like old parts (2000) where possible. Peace
Old 11-24-2021, 03:54 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
NAPA should have, or be able to get, those parts.
Not sure what you mean by liking old parts? Those bushings should be new if you're going to the trouble of replacing your existing ones.
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Wasn't referring to the bushongs. Meant I like original,should have said. Thanks for the advice. I was hoping to find (I did previously but lost it and can't seem to locate) a company that specializes in bus parts, not all parts. All info is good info used correctly so thanks
Old 11-24-2021, 04:00 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

P30 parts

I meant original not old. My bad. And re: Napa, thank you but I am looking for a bus specific parts vender who deals in buses my vintage. I had found a great one but lost my phone and somehow can't find them. I'll keep looking. Just hoping for a shortcut. Peace
Old 11-24-2021, 04:01 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Oops

Sorry for repeat. Getting used to system.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
No worries.
As far as running gear for your bus, there should still be ample supply of replacement parts through regular automotive suppliers. A Chevrolet or GMC dealer should be able to get chassis/running gear parts if you're looking for original.

No reason to go to a bus specific dealer for that stuff, unless you don't mind paying their markup on parts?

I've used these folks for some hard to find parts, and would recommend them if you feel like trying them:
https://allpointsbus.com/
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:34 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

I have had issues finding lens for running lights, as example. Finally found one but cheap remake. All good,like you said. I'll find the bus specific place I lost eventually, I know it sounds easy, cuz they were quick, cheap,and knew their bus ****. There are distinct advantages to calling a co. that had its own warehouse full of original bus parts. Theres acceptable, then there's outstanding. Maybe I'm a bit OCD. Couls be worse! Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleamer View Post
I have had issues finding lens for running lights, as example. Finally found one but cheap remake. All good,like you said. I'll find the bus specific place I lost eventually, I know it sounds easy, cuz they were quick, cheap,and knew their bus ****. There are distinct advantages to calling a co. that had its own warehouse full of original bus parts. Theres acceptable, then there's outstanding. Maybe I'm a bit OCD. Couls be worse! Thanks again.

Suspension parts should not be that hard to find since the General Motors (Chevy) P30 chassis was also used for a lot of motorhomes and stepvans (think FedEx, UPS type truck) JC Whitney even used to sell parts for them. Workhorse is just a body manufacturer like Grumman Olsen. Think Chevrolet for OEM. Interpret the VIN for more info on the chassis manfacturer.

I think that it's more like there is acceptable, there is superior, and there is pay out the rear when it comes to OEM. My experience is that OEM does not always make the best parts or even good parts. I once bought 8 new AC Delco OEM spark plugs that all 8 were bad. Only spark plugs that I ever bought that were bad when new. I have never bought any thing made by AC Delco again (last 30 years)
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:58 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Sway bar parts

Found them. Thanks
Old 12-15-2021, 10:20 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: P30
Engine: 454ci Big Block Chevrolet
My experience with a P30

I want to add my reply so it's archived here in this forum. I also have a bus on a P30 chassis, but slightly older (1993). Workhorse bought the P platform from GM in the late 90s and the 2000 year is very similar without major changes to the mid 90s editions.

The benefit is that most auto parts stores will have these things! I can confirm this from my own experience, and as a person who does his own mechanic work. I am an engineer, but not a professionally trained mechanic.

On another note -- to the orginal poster (OP). Glad you found your parts.
craigify is offline   Reply With Quote