Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

03 Shuttle Bus help needed with seats/seatbelts

2003 E350 Ford Shuttle Bus Conversion

The seats are 'L' brackets anchored on the floor and wall to unistrut. Seats are bolted to the unistrut frame. They're red vinyl and in very good condition, but only have a 2 point seatbelt, don't recline and have limited 'slouch' support if you try to sleep in them. Would very much like to replace with some upgraded seats. Bus being 16 years old I can't find **** online for replacements, which means I've most likely got to adapt something.

Davey coaches looks to have a few options, and still design seats for this style of brack but holy crap are they expensive.

I would prefer to take an Escalade/Tahoe 3rd row that has integrated 3 point seatbelts or a Mercedes Sprinter 3 seat and mount it to the existing frame. Has anyone done any seat conversions on the 'L' bracket style seats? Any suggestions on an OEM seat that includes a 3 point seatbelt? I can get to metal studs in the frame so anchoring the shoulder strap is a possibility for the existing seats, but only for the seat closest to the windows.
Attached Thumbnails
20190526_094735.jpg  

Blcia is offline   Reply With Quote