Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1986 International Wayne Bus

Can anyone tell me what engine this bus has based on these photos. I just know it's a diesel. Chassis is by International Harvester. Body by Wayne. Any other comments on it? What is the 'Wayne Lifeguard' unit to the left of the driver and should I be concerned about the missing switches and lamps? I'd want to rip out what the owner has done to the interior and start again. What about the missing rear window, is that easy to replace? Thanks.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/324590...57675783852226

Addendum: Found this on Wikipedia (assuming this bus is a Wayne 'Lifeguard').
"The standard powertrain was a Chevrolet 366 6.0L gasoline V8 according to 1987 GMC Chassis Brochure, with a Detroit Diesel 8.2L diesel V8 in either naturally aspirated ("Fuel Pincher") or turbocharged configuration"

Gazolba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:07 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
The fact that it had a "Diesel Fuel Only" sticker on the dash tells me it's the Detroit engine (based on your Wikipedia info) but only two pics of the engine compartment make it hard to tell anything further... I didn't see anything that even resembled a turbo so it's probably not the turbo version (you can't miss a turbocharger if it's there).
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:33 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Hi,

The switches are most likely NOT missing, those are just spots whithout switches where the caps fall out.

Does she run and drive?

Good luck!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

So why do those missing switches/lamps have labels above them indicating some function?
Gazolba is offline   Reply With Quote