Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9/AT
Rated Cap: 2 adults, 2 dogs
1997 BB TC1000 Instrument Cluster

Does anyone have experience with this instrument cluster? I've read all about the re soldering but this one doesn't have an solder connections. Iv'e checked continuity between everything I could on the flimsy circuit boar from pin to press in connector and it all checks out. The RPM and temp are not working, everything else is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks---TimM

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	29389

Click image for larger version

Name:	back.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	29390

AZHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
I have that in my BB too, different model bus than yours. Exactly the same instrument wise.
Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray the push on connectors and the whole board under the plastic barrier. soak it good and let it work the use a combination of wiping down, brushing, and compressed air to get at the hard to reach parts.
That board may not look it but is contaminated with all sorts of grime, oil smoke and dust bunnies.
Mine works fine except the tach never sits at zero when shut down. I can live with that as I have no fix for that.

John
Old 02-04-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9/AT
Rated Cap: 2 adults, 2 dogs
Thanks for the tip. I gave it a couple tries and still no change. I'm starting to wonder if an alternator problem could be the issue with the Tach. The temp gauge is because someone replaced it with a single unit and it was folded away under the dash and that seems to be working. My alternator isn't reading what it should be on the dash so that makes me question the alternator as the source. It goes to the mechanic tomorrow for a complete service and check so i will ask them to look into that too. Thanks again for your help---Tim
AZHippie is offline   Reply With Quote